Apprenticeship – Engine Room Rating
These opportunities available are non-live on board
Start your career at sea with an Apprenticeship…
Do you want to be one of the new Engine Room Rating Apprentices for our 2018 intake?
You will spend time at College and gain experience on board our ships on the Dover to Calais route during the two year Merchant Navy Training Board apprenticeship programme. Full training and support will be provided.
On this Apprenticeship programme you will achieve skills and certification in:
- STCW Basic Training (safety)
- Level 2 Award in Maritime Studies (Watch Rating – engine room)
- Watch rating Certificate STCW Reg III/4
- Level 2 Certificate in Maritime Studies Qualification (Able Seafarer- Engine)
- MCA Able Seafarer STCW Reg III/5 Certificate
You will need GCSE qualifications in Maths, English or equivalent. In addition you have an interest in mechanics, you are a team player, problem solver, happy to work shifts and able to pass the medical requirements for working at sea. Please note this is a non-live on board role.
If this sounds like you, please submit your application before the closing date...