We are P&O and we are going through some exciting changes. With an enviable heritage and fantastic brand recognition there has never been a better time to join us.
We are currently looking for a Technical Operations manager to help deliver the programme of ship maintenance for the Short Sea route in the North Sea. You will be working as part of the fleet team that will be dealing with the maintenance and the safe running of the ships to make sure that they meet within operating guidelines.
This is a varied role for someone to take charge of refitting, safety, maintenance and settlement of any insurance claims. This will be a fantastic role for an all round maritime maintenance expert who is looking for a role that will provide them with future prospects involving greater responsibility and staff management.
To be successful in this role it is essential that you have the following skills:
- A strong maritime background in maintaining large seagoing vessels
- 1st Class Certificate of Competency (Deck or Engine) or equivalent
- A good understanding of maritime operational issues
- Experience of dealing with trade unions in relation to industrial relations
- A background as a Master, Chief Engineer or Chief Officer from within a passenger ferry or relevant sector
- Experience of resource or budget management would be useful.
If this sounds like you click on the link below to apply.