Larne Harbour Ltd (LHL) is seeking an exceptional individual to be the Harbour Master for Larne & Cairnryan Ports which handle over 9000 calls annually.
Based in Larne reporting to the General Manager, the Harbour Master will:
- Be responsible for full compliance with PMSC, ISPS & VTS management to deliver the highest standards of safety, environmental security & efficiency.
- Ensure deliver of safe & secure services to LHL’s customers.
- Have excellent knowledge of navigation, VTS, pilotage & pollution response.
- Develop excellent relations with LHL stakeholders, including P&O Ferries, third-party customers, the MCA and Mid & East Antrim Council.
- Be a key member of the management team planning strategic development and implementation of operational & commercial initiatives.
The successful applicant must have or be able to obtain within eighteen months one of the following set of qualifications:
- STCW 95 II/2 (Masters Unlimited) CoC or equivalent or:
- STCW 95 II/2 or II/1 qualification combined with a relevant port management qualification or a Harbour Master Certificate.
Experience as a Marine Pilot, Assistant Harbour Master or of VTS is advantageous.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Thorough knowledge of relevant marine, safety, security & environmental law.
- Ability to manage H&S, Security & a clear understanding of ISPS application.
- Excellent team, people & multi-location management skills.
- Good knowledge of RoRo, General Cargo and Oil Tanker operations.
- Commercial acumen, ability to work with customers & deliver agreed services.
- Ability to deliver and manage budgets with good finance skills.
This is unique opportunity to join a forward-thinking company that has been a key element of Northern Ireland’s infrastructure & economy for over one hundred years.
A competitive package will be offered contingent on Qualifications, Skills & Experience. LHL is part of the P&O group of companies.
If you wish to be considered for this role, please click on the link below to apply.
P&O has an enviable heritage and worldwide brand recognition. Owned by DP World, P&O is investing in the future. There has never been a better time to join us.