We are P & O, with an enviable heritage, brand recognition and future investment there has never been a better time to join us.
An opportunity has become available for a Customer Operations Supervisor- Gatehouse role based in Hull...
With this role you will be supporting the management team to deliver an efficient port operations to customers. This is a supervisory role within the team and you will be managing the day to day activity of the Gatehouse making sure that a high level of customer service is achieved. You will be supervising and assisting with receiving and forwarding of all cargo units and making sure that all documentation is checked and kept up to date.
You will liaise closely with the Port Duty Managers and Customer Operations Supervisor- Quay to ensure effective management of freight. You will be organising shift rosters, manage holidays and manage sickness absence. There will also be work around organising repairs to buildings and approaches as well as ensuring the safety for yourself and others.
To be considered for our role, you will have and can demonstrate:
- Good communication skills and able to deliver a high level of customer service
- Experience of managing and supervising a team
- Ability to enter data accurately on to computer systems
- Experience of working with public and government agencies
- Ability to work under pressure, and flexible to meet business demands
- Ability to carry out administration duties
- Health & Safety awareness
- It would be beneficial if you have had previous freight gate experience
- Full UK Driving Licence
It would be advantageous if you have:
- Previous freight gate experience
- Previous experience and knowledge of processing freight with dangerous goods
If this sounds like a role for you, please submit your application before the closing date...