We are P&O and we are going through some exciting changes. With an enviable heritage and fantastic brand recognition there has never been a better time to join us.
We currently have openings for Masters on our vessels and are looking for experienced maritime leaders to help drive the day to day operational functioning of the ship. You will be working with the shoreside team around both the safe efficient running of the ship and making sure that the P&O brand goes from strength to strength.
As the overall command of the ship you will make sure that you are taking any necessary actions for the preservation of life and for the prevention of pollution of the environment. You will be responsible for all of the crew on board the ship being arbitrator for any disciplinary issues as well as the wellbeing of all staff on board
You will be implementing the company health, safety and environmental protection policy, delegating authority to the officer of the watch, motivating the crew, making sure that risk assessments are carried out and ensuring the security on the ship. You will also be using your sound commercial awareness and judgement and making sure that the capacity of the ship is used to it optimum ability which will be consistent with the safety and convenience of passengers.
To be successful in this role it is essential that you have the following skills:
- Recent and substantial Command experience
- Experience as a Master of a Class 2 Freight/ Passenger vessel
- A Certificate of Competency as STCW II/2 Master, Unlimited
- Completed training to comply with STCW V/2 (or V/3), Sections 4,5,7,8
- Completed training to comply with STCW VI/1; VI/2 and VI/3
- A current ENG1 Medical Certificate
- Substantial experience of managing people and a good understanding of HR processes
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proven track record of sound ship management and clear decision making
- It would be beneficial if you have experience of commanding a ferry vessel.
If you are interested in this role please click on the link below.