About Police Now
Our mission is to transform communities by recruiting, developing, and inspiring diverse leaders in policing. We are working towards a day when every community, whatever the socio-economic background of its residents, can thrive without residents being fearful of crime.
Police Now is an equal opportunities employer committed to driving diversity and inclusion in policing and within our Head Office. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds, experiences and walks of life. At Police Now, our goal is to ensure our workforce reflects the communities that we serve, everyone is treated with dignity and respect as well as empowered to contribute their best. We believe that diversity in our workforce is not just a ‘nice to have’, it’s a business imperative and everyone’s responsibility.
Launched in 2014, Police Now trains graduates and career changers with leadership potential to be inspirational police officers and outstanding crime fighters on our National Graduate Leadership Programme as well as our new National Detective Programme. Police Now is a rapidly growing not-for-profit social enterprise with nearly 150 employees, and as such we are looking for individuals to join the team who have an entrepreneurial, flexible style and will contribute effectively to the development and leadership of this evolving organisation.
Everything we do reflects our values: Believe, Achieve, and Develop. For more information on the work we do and our values, please visit www.policenow.org.uk.
What you’ll do
At Police Now, we aim to grow the volume of our current activities and venture into new ones. We currently offer two comprehensive programmes - one to train Community Police Officers and one to train Police Detectives. We are now expanding our offer to pilot a Frontline Leadership Programme, to support existing Police Officers to move into leadership positions. As such, the Transformation Team is expanding to incubate this new initiative.
You will be part of a small project team whose objective it is to plan, design and implement an industry-leading Frontline Leadership Programme with a strong focus on under-represented groups within policing. The programme will equip currently serving officers with the knowledge, skills and confidence to be effective leaders, line managers and change makers in their force and communities.
As an Operations Officer, you will take ownership of several key areas of project planning and execution, in the lead up to and during the programme. You will work closely with other members of PNHQ, specifically the Programmes Operations team who are responsible for the smooth delivery of our core programmes. You will therefore need to be comfortable working in a matrix style organisation and reporting to and interacting with a wide range of stakeholders.
Your role will be to
- Lead on the planning and execution of virtual and in-person training days and group and support sessions. Make sure that high-quality programme content can be effectively delivered on our programme. Produce programme support and guidelines for our digital platforms. Ensure policies and guidance documents are up-to-date and of the highest quality.
- Lead on the planning and execution of effective communications to participants during the programme.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to effectively plan and build training session and timetables and build timetables for large and complex events.
- Manage and administer the online learning platform, including timetabling, the setting and management of tutorials, sharing of policies and participant notifications.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders, including guest speakers and third-party suppliers.
- Work with the Transformation Team and other external stakeholders on the acquisition and management of participant data.
- Create a positive working environment for you, your colleagues and participants during the programme, facing all challenges with a positive attitude.
What we're looking for
We need someone with initiative, optimism, adaptability and a willingness to work in a fast-moving, innovative organisation. You’ll enjoy solving problems, delivering high-quality work and supporting the learning of our participants. Ideally, you will have expertise in managing complex projects and you will be able to get things done in an environment where priorities and deadlines can change quickly.
You must possess a genuine commitment to public service and the Police Now mission, values and aims, as well as a belief in personal responsibility. You will have a real commitment to transformational change, innovation and be willing to work at pace to deliver high-quality work in a complex environment.
What you'll need
- Strong experience of managing virtual and in-person events.
- Willingness to take full responsibility for and lead on a number of key workstreams.
- Knowledge of online learning platforms and content management systems.
- Experience of effectively managing a varied workload with competing priorities.
- Excellent project management skills for complex projects, including creating project plans and tracking budgets.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain positive relationships both internally and externally.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Collaborative, can-do attitude, actively looking for solutions in the face of adversity and troubleshooting swiftly and effectively.
- Experience with CRM systems to support effective communications and reporting.
- Outstanding attention to detail that leads to high quality outputs.
- A genuine, demonstrable commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and in policing.
- Excellent IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Comfortable with remote working and able to manage your own time.
- An interest in, and understanding of, the policing sector and the values and mission of Police Now.
- Willingness to travel within England and Wales and to work occasional evening and weekend events.
- Vetting clearance or willingness to be vetted.
- Tech-savvy and know how to utilise it to support the delivery of your work.
- Experience of creating and implementing policies and processes to multiple stakeholders.
- Full UK category B driving license.
What you'll get from us
- A bright, airy, modern and buzzing HQ near Liverpool Street, Central London (Zone 1). Please note that during the Covid-19 pandemic, online/remote inductions will occur.
- A supported working from home set-up with the technology and equipment required.
- Competitive salary of £30,000 - £40,000 per annum dependent on experience and location.
- Flexible working.
- 27 days holiday each year plus bank holidays (pro-rata).
- Sanctus coaching (private mental health coaching for the workplace).
- Access to the Vitality programme which includes healthcare benefits, an Employee Assistance Programme and discounts.
Personal Development budget (after a qualifying period).
- Participation in a pension scheme (with 5% employer contributions and 3% employee contributions).
This job description is issued as a guideline. It is not exhaustive, and we would be pleased to discuss any constructive comments you may have. Due to the evolving nature and changing demands of our business this job description may be subject to change. You may, on occasions, be required to undertake additional or other duties within the context of this job description and according to the needs of the organisation.
Applications will be screened as they are received and invited to interview accordingly. Police Now reserves the right to close the advert prior to the advertised date, should a suitable applicant be appointed. Early applications are therefore encouraged.
Please note that some roles within Police Now require certain levels of National Security Vetting or screening in order to effectively work with our partners. Therefore, we may ask you to complete this if you are successful.
17th and 18th March 2021