Terms of reference
Working closely with consultants, colleagues and clients, as prime day to day contacts, provide high quality support on defined contribution (DC) pension schemes.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Delivering efficient customer service to existing clients, both in writing and orally, in order to maintain and further develop our excellent client relationships.
- Providing effective administrative support to the team of consultants in areas such as preparation of client presentations and client communication documentation.
- Updating and creating relevant pension administration records and systems including.
- Receiving and handling internal and external correspondence and telephone queries from both members and clients.
- Attending client meetings, and taking minutes, as required.
- Ensuring administrative and compliance processes are followed to required timescales.
- Actively participating as a team member, to achieve team targets and objectives.
- General office administration to support the team, such as invoicing, managing post and scanning.
- Meet all the FCA’s Treating Customers Fairly consumer, conduct risk requirements and compliance requirements.
- Completion of all mandatory compliance training.
- Operate within the governance and operating requirements of the Punter Southall Group.
Due to the changing nature of the business, the job holder may from time to time be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within their capabilities.
Knowledge and experience
- Previous relevant office administration gained, ideally within the financial services or pensions industry.
- Ability to demonstrate an awareness and/or knowledge of the DC pension industry would be advantageous.
- Experience of Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Training, education and qualification
- Educated to a minimum of Higher/A Level or Degree or equivalent standard.
- Strong Maths and English GCSE or equivalent qualification - minimum grade B.
- Studying or willing to study towards relevant industry qualifications, e.g. PMI or CII.
Skills, abilities and personal qualities
In addition to the necessary experience, qualifications and academic achievements, the incumbent should be able to demonstrate the following key attributes:
- A client focused approach, able to develop trusting and credible partnerships with clients both face to face and via the telephone.
- Continues to seek ways of innovating ,simplifying and improving quality, service delivery and processes..
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic approach to work, in particular taking responsibility for personal and technical continuous professional development.
- Able to identify and suggest solutions to problems.
- Able to identify the interests of both clients and Company.
- Good organisational and planning skills, including an ability to manage conflicting demands on time and able to work to tight deadlines in order to meet obligations.
- Good attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal abilities, able to forge strong working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- A high degree of professional integrity.
- Wishes to develop personally within the role.