Punter Southall Aspire Graduate Trainee
Start date: Immediate requirement
Next generation thinking
Most people switch off when it comes to workplace savings. We're switching them back on again by inspiring change. We look different. We feel different. And we are different.
Welcome to NEXT GENERATION THINKING, and NEXT GENERATION SAVINGS.
Who we are
Punter Southall Aspire is a major investment and savings business that blends a strong customer focused heritage with a modern and technology-led outlook.
Uniting pensions consultancy, workplace savings and individual financial advice, we work with employers, trustees and private clients to design and manage solutions that meet their unique needs.
Our business includes:
- Punter Southall Aspire which provides consultancy services for workplace pensions. It brings together governance, investment and communications expertise within a technology-led business to provide solutions for corporate clients and pension scheme trustees.
- Punter Southall Focus is a personal financial planning business providing a complete range of services including at and into retirement planning for individuals utilising a range of technology-led solutions.
- Fintech Solutions has developed a range of technology used across the industry by asset managers, pension consultants, pension funds, insurance companies and financial advisers.
Our role and commitment to you
As a graduate trainee, your career with us will begin with a two year programme offering experience and training in a number of different areas, not just finance or pensions, but communications and marketing too.
Based at our newly refurbished offices in the centre of Guildford (near the train station) you will start in our workplace pension consulting team, working closely with the client servicing team and consultants. You will receive training and support to gain an insight into workplace pensions, and Punter Southall Aspire.
At the end of the first four months, you will begin the process of rotating between different disciplines. Your time will be split between supporting the workplace pensions team and working within one of each of these areas:
- Employee communications – working on market leading engagement products including videos, newsletters, interactive media and presentations
- Investment analysis and consulting – supporting our research manager, creating solutions and reports on investment solutions
- Marketing – helping develop and market our brand through blogs, articles and social media
- Financial technology – helping our team deliver market leading online and interactive solutions to corporate and private clients
- Retail financial advice – supporting the face-to-face advisers providing planning and advice to private clients
You will change area every four months, spending time in our London head office and potentially other offices to give you the breadth of experience and training required.
Over the two years, and to cover each discipline, we will provide you with a bespoke development programme that will provide you with a comprehensive insight into our business, so that you gain the required knowledge needed to flourish within your career.
Once you have successfully completed your probationary period, you will also be provided with study support to undertake the relevant Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) qualifications to allow you to gain recognised financial services qualifications. We will also provide wider training to help you develop your soft skills to grow into your career.
At the end of the two year graduate programme, your career path with Punter Southall Aspire will continue in one of the disciplines you have spent time; we’ll decide with you which area to follow.
Benefits of working at Punter Southall Aspire
We will provide a progressive career path within our innovative and growing business. Striking an excellent work-life balance is an integral part of our culture which we see as key to ensuring the wellbeing of our employees.
With the Guildford office and across the business, you’ll be encouraged to join social events and charity events.
And we have a great coffee machine!
We’re looking for the right type of person to help us inspire change and grow our business.
This means you’ll need to be able to demonstrate the following behaviours:
- Proactive, motivated, hard working
- A team player with a positive approach to work
- Well-developed communication skills
- People centred
- Future focused
- Agile and flexible to meet changing priorities
- Attention to detail and pride in your work
- Willingness to study further as your career develops
Your existing skills and experience are important to us, so you’ll need to be able to show that you:
- Have worked in an office environment before
- Have IT skills, and are able to work with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Academically, you’ll need to be a graduate with at least a 2:1 degree, but we’re not looking for specific degree subjects. Our requirements are:
- A minimum of a 2:1 honours degree level
- 300 UCAS points (old scheme) or 120 UCAS points (new scheme) at A Level or equivalent qualifications
- A grades in Maths and English at GCSE level or equivalent qualifications
When applying please clearly indicate in your covering letter all of the following:
- Why you’re motivated to start a career in financial services
- Why you would be interested in a graduate role within Punter Southall Aspire
- Why you feel you would make a good graduate trainee
- Your expected or achieved degree grade
- Your grades achieved at A Level of equivalent qualification