Want to be part of a dynamic and innovative organisation?
Affinity is a consortium which comprises of Radian and Southern Housing
Groups. In April 2004, Affinity was awarded a contract by Reading Borough Council under the Government’s Private Finance Initiative to manage, maintain and refurbish the Council owned stock of around 1300 properties on the North Whitley estate. The project has been a huge success and some of our achievements and successes include:
• Top quartile performance on a range of key performance indicators such as repairs turnaround times on empty homes, responses to written enquiries and rent arrears
• Completion of the refurbishment programme 9 months ahead of schedule
• First social housing project in the country to produce a Tenant Compact
• Excellent partnerships and working relationships with key stakeholders in the area and
• Selected as one of three finalists - for the Best Operational Local Government Projects - at the Public Private Finance Awards in 2007.
We are looking for hard working and talented individual to build on our successes and take us forward on our journey. We have vacancy for:
Housing Services Officer (Salary £18,000 per annum)
The Housing Services Officer will work closely with the Affinity Housing Staff Team and Wates to develop a seamless approach and provide a “one stop service” for residents living in the PFI contract area. The post holder will provide a resident-focused service and assume personal responsibility for solving issues effectively as they arise.
The successful individuals will need to demonstrate:
• Experience of working within a housing/maintenance environment
• Proven ability to deliver high quality customer responsive services
• Effective organisational and time management skills
• Ability to work effectively as part of the a team
• Commitment to equality of opportunity and valuing diversity
• Able to represent the organisation effectively and to maintain and build relationships and partnerships with the partners to the PFI scheme and all other stakeholders.
If you are interested in the vacancy, please click the link to apply and attach your CV.
Alternatively please contact Marie Bailey (Tenancy Services Team Leader) on 01189 224466 for further details.