We are Abri, a housing association based in the south of England. One of the largest in fact. We have got 35,000 homes and 1,500 colleagues. And if all our 80,000 residents lived in the same place, we would have a town roughly the size of Guildford.
We are a passionate bunch. We think we can make a real difference. Homelessness, poverty, inequality, a lack of affordable housing. They are all linked. They are issues that affect so many, young and old alike. And we do not think that’s right. We want to give people the chance to dream big and be who they want to be. Homes are at the heart of everybody’s lives. And we exist to help make good homes, and good lives a reality for everyone.
We have all got different backgrounds, strengths, and experiences. But we share the same values. It is these shared values that bring us together as one team.
Our colleagues embrace these every day. Be the difference to our customers and colleagues, always curious and look for better solutions, achieve together by working in partnership with others, own it openly through working with others in an open and honest way, and finally embrace possibility and see changes and challenges as welcomed opportunities.
If you share our values and want to make a real difference in the world, you are on to a winner and we would love to hear from you!
Your new role
We are looking for a new Fire Project Surveyor to join our Fire Safety Delivery Team. You'll be responsible for procuring and assisting in the delivery of a variety of fire safety projects across the whole of the Abri stock which ensures the safety of our customers, our staff, and our assets in line with current fire safety regulations and legislation.
With experience of the Housing Association environment, you will have a pivotal role in ensuring company-wide fire safety improvement and upgrade works are delivered in line with financial, contractual, quality, and safety expectations. With experience in ensuring customers are properly consulted and excellent standards of customer care are kept throughout.
Drawing on your technical experience, you will be able to:
- Lead on the delivery of fire safety programmes, including overseeing completed works comply with the required regulations and legislation, including Section 20.
- Draw up internal and external communications for the approval of the Fire Safety Delivery Team Manager concerning the relevant delivery programme
- Progress all works orders and contractor invoice payments to completion in a timely manner whilst maintain robust financial control of budgets.
- Monitor the delivery projects against agreed outputs and financial performance
- Provide analysis on project delivery timeframes and financial performance to allow the Fire Safety Delivery Team Manager to report to senior management on the progress of programmes.
- Carry out quality check inspections to ensure all works are being delivered in accordance with the agreed specification and quality standards as well as ensuring adherence to Health & Safety legislation and Abri policies and procedures
- Undertake and document regular meetings with contractors, suppliers and consultants addressing any issues of performance and implementing strategies for improvement where required.
- Provide excellent standards of customer care, dealing with any customer issues in a sympathetic, pragmatic and prompt manner.
Your role will cover the whole operational area of Abri so flexibility and a willingness to travel when required will be essential. If this is the role you've been looking for, we'd love to hear from you!
What you can expect from us
We want our colleagues at all levels to be bold, inspiring, and not afraid to speak up and be their authentic selves.
Your wellbeing is really important to us, so you can expect a competitive reward package to ensure you and your family are supported at work and at home.
We will work with you to help you reach your goals through personal development plans and our in-house People Development team.
Depending on your role you may need to work a set shift pattern, or you may have greater flexibility to choose when and where you work. Either way, we strive to ensure all colleagues have a degree of flexibility to attend life’s important events.
Abri is committed to promoting an inclusive culture. We want our colleagues to bring their individual differences, life experiences and knowledge into the workplace and we welcome their contribution to our amazing company. Everyone is different, everyone is unique.
Interviews will be held via Microsoft Teams on a date and at a time to be agreed with shortlisted applicants.
To our agency friends
We already have a number of carefully selected agency partners who know our business well and who support our in-house recruitment team during exceptionally busy periods. We are not looking to add to our preferred supplier list right now but if you would like to be considered at a future date please don’t hesitate to register on our procurement portal.