We’re Abri, a housing association based in the south of England. One of the largest in fact. We've got 35,000 homes and 1,500 colleagues. And if all our 80,000 residents lived in the same place, we’d have a town roughly the size of Guildford.
We’re a passionate bunch. We think we can make a real difference. Homelessness, poverty, inequality, a lack of affordable housing. They’re all linked. They’re issues that affect so many, young and old alike. And we don’t think that’s right. We want to give people the chance to dream big and be who they want to be. Homes are at the heart of everybody’s lives. And we exist to help make good homes, and good lives a reality for everyone.
We’ve all got different backgrounds, strengths and experiences. But we share the same values. It’s these shared values that bring us together as one team.
Our colleagues embrace these every day. Be the difference to our customers and colleagues, always curious and look for better solutions, achieve together by working in partnership with others, own it openly through working with others in an open and honest way, and finally embrace possibility and see changes and challenges as welcomed opportunities.
If you share our values and want to make a real difference in the world, you’re on to a winner and we’d love to hear from you!
Your new role
We have a great opportunity for a Governance Coordinator to join our Governance Team to provide professional governance support to all non-Executive Directors on our board and committees. This is a twelve month fixed term role where you'll act as a key point of contact and provide support for our board and committee members, liaising with the Executive Board and Directors.
No two days will be the same in this role so enthusiasm, a can-do attitude and a genuine passion for going the extra mile will be essential.
Your day to day will include:
- Co-ordinating/assisting with the arrangements for production of the annual meeting schedule of board, committee, AGM and SGM dates. Make all necessary arrangements supporting the Group Board’s Committees with preparation, collation and timely distribution of agenda packs and reports for meetings.
- Work closely with the or Partner Executive Assistants of the Executive Directors to ensure effective forward agenda planning for Executive Board meetings.
- Service internal governance or project meetings requested such as the Information Security Group.
- Collate and distribute matters arising from meetings of the Group Board Committees and any internal governance working and or project groups attended.
- Working with Governance Colleagues maintain the governance areas of the SharePoint Team Site.
- Undertake research and project work for the Company Secretary, analysing, summarising the information and presenting it in a report format.
- Provide general governance advice to colleagues to ensure compliance with the Group Board and Committees’ term of reference, standing orders and scheme of delegation.
You'll be an excellent communicator: confident, clear and assertive when necessary. But most of all we hope you will be as passionate about excellence as we are.
What you'll receive from us
We want our colleagues at all levels to be bold, inspiring and not afraid to speak up and be their authentic selves.
Your wellbeing is really important to us, so you can expect a competitive reward package to ensure you and your family are supported at work and at home. You’ll receive 28 days of annual leave a year (pro-rata for our part time colleagues) with Bank Holidays on top as well as being entitled to our generous pension scheme.
We’ll work with you to help you reach your goals through personal development plans and our in-house People Development team.
Depending on your role you may need to work a set shift pattern, or you may have greater flexibility to choose when and where you work. Either way, we strive to ensure all colleagues have a degree of flexibility to attend life’s important events.
Abri is committed to promoting an inclusive culture. We want our colleagues to bring their individual differences, life experiences and knowledge into the workplace and we welcome their contribution to our amazing company. Everyone is different, everyone is unique.
Interviews will be held via Microsoft Teams.
To our agency friends
We already have a number of carefully selected agency partners who know our business well and who support our in-house recruitment team during exceptionally busy periods. We’re not looking to add to our preferred supplier list right now but if you’d like to be considered at a future date please don’t hesitate to register on our procurement portal.