Your new role
Our team are expanding and we're excited to be looking for a new FRA Technician to join our FRA Safety Delivery team. You'll be responsible for carrying out various repairs and installs of fire doors and surface penetration systems across the whole of Abri's Stock which ensures the Safety of our customers, our staff, and our assets in line with current fire safety regulations and legislation.
Utilising your expertise within the Housing Association environment, you'll have a pivotal role in carrying out company-wide fire safety upgrade works and installs and ensuring all works are delivered in line with all necessary fire safety legislation guidance and group delivery protocals.
No two days will be the same where your day to day will include:
- Carry out all necessary fire door upgrade works and installs to all relevant guidance and be able to apply technical judgements to support your work.
- Be familiar with all fire stopping and surface penetration practices to a good standard and be able to provide accurate reports based on inspections carried out either by yourself or others.
- Demonstrate good practice with regards to working with other trades and to be able to work to a defined specification.
- work in accordance with all group quality and Health and Safety policies and practices.
- Provide excellent standards of customer care, dealing with customer issues in a sympathetic , pragmatic and prompt manner.
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do, so it’s very important your customer service skills are top notch - we want to always go above and beyond and amaze our customers with the services we provide.
In this role, you’ll be an ambassador for the organisation by using your ‘can do’ attitude to provide a high-quality, ‘right first time’ service to our customers all while being the friendly face of Abri.
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been looking for? Then we’d love to hear from you!
What you can expect from us
We want our colleagues at all levels to be bold, inspiring and not afraid to speak up and be their authentic selves.
Your wellbeing is really important to us, so you can expect a competitive reward package to ensure you and your family are supported at work and at home.
What we offer
On top of your salary, you’ll also be entitled to our range of generous benefits on top as standard
- 28 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Employer pension contributions of up to 10%
- Employee Assistance Programme for colleagues and their families
- Enhanced sick pay
- Your van, PPE, and uniform will be provided
- Free Life Assurance scheme where your next of kin can receive 5x your annual salary
- Comprehensive training and development, including study support
- Abri Rewards, our flexible voluntary benefits scheme
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption leave
- Staff recognition scheme
We’ll work with you to help you reach your goals through personal development plans and our in-house People Development team.
Depending on your role you may need to work a set shift pattern, or you may have greater flexibility to choose when and where you work. Either way, we strive to ensure all colleagues have a degree of flexibility to attend life’s important events.
We’re Abri, a housing association based in the south of England. One of the largest in fact. We've got 35,000 homes and 1,500 colleagues. And if all our 80,000 residents lived in the same place, we’d have a town roughly the size of Guildford.
We’re a passionate bunch. We think we can make a real difference. Homelessness, poverty, inequality, a lack of affordable housing. They’re all linked. They’re issues that affect so many, young and old alike. And we don’t think that’s right. We want to give people the chance to dream big and be who they want to be. Homes are at the heart of everybody’s lives. And we exist to help make good homes, and good lives a reality for everyone.
We’ve all got different backgrounds, strengths and experiences. But we share the same values. It’s these shared values that bring us together as one team.
Our colleagues embrace these every day. Be the difference to our customers and colleagues, always curious and look for better solutions, achieve together by working in partnership with others, own it openly through working with others in an open and honest way, and finally embrace possibility and see changes and challenges as welcomed opportunities.
If you share our values and want to make a real difference in the world, you’re on to a winner and we’d love to hear from you!
Abri is committed to promoting an inclusive culture. We want our colleagues to bring their individual differences, life experiences and knowledge into the workplace and we welcome their contribution to our amazing company. Everyone is different, everyone is unique.
Interviews will be held via Microsoft Teams.
To our agency friends
We already have a number of carefully selected agency partners who know our business well and who support our in-house recruitment team during exceptionally busy periods. We’re not looking to add to our preferred supplier list right now but if you’d like to be considered at a future date please don’t hesitate to register on our procurement portal.
We’ll review and interview suitable candidates as they apply. If we receive enough applications, we'll close the advert early so be sure to apply today so you don’t miss out!