Riverside have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Housing Assistant working full time on a 24 months fixed term contract. You will receive £16,000pa and you will complete an apprenticeship in Housing Management delivered by one of our training providers.
The #IN2 apprenticeship programme has been designed to create exciting and business focused employment and training opportunities for people in the communities that we serve. We understand that starting your career or returning to work can be daunting, we believe that an apprenticeship is one of the best ways to learn new skills, meet new people and start your career journey. The #IN2 programme aims to provide apprentices with a supported and exciting learning experience, where you are able to learn real skills, gain up to date knowledge and network with professionals and other apprentices from around the business. You will receive support from an #IN2 mentor, a ‘Great Start induction’ and will be part of a dynamic and welcoming team from day one.
About the Role
You will be based in our Leicester Office and will be working across our Neighbourhood Housing and Shared Services teams. Your role is to support the Social Housing function to enable tenants to sustain their tenancies and revitalise neighbourhoods, by building relationships and communicating directly with tenants to provide a great customer service. You will gain experience and exposure in a number of key areas that make up our Social Housing function.
Day to Day
Your duties as an Apprentice Housing Assistant will include;
• Ensure that the views of Riverside’s customers are fully taken into account in the development and delivery of the service.
• Complete and attend any learning activities such as workshops, assignments and projects
• Feedback what you have learnt to your team, mentor and line manager
• You will also undertake rotations in:
• Neighbourhood Planning/ Housing Management
• Income Maximisation/ Income Collection
• Anti-Social Behaviour/ Customer Involvement
Does this describe you?
• Can you develop trust by working in a confidential, ethical and empathetic manner with a common sense and professional attitude?
• Are you able to take responsibility for your own personal development, safety and training?
• Do you have a responsive approach to customer and client needs, and have an awareness of the organisation’s impact on customers and their lives.
What’s in it for you?
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer you:
• In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer you:
• Highly competitive salary
• Fully funded apprenticeship qualification
• Exciting apprenticeship events and away days
• 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
• Riverside Rewards scheme and app, providing valuable access to discounted benefits
• Corporate Charity Work
• Dress-down Fridays
Who are Riverside?
We are one of the UK’s leading social housing and regeneration organisations. We are a group of not-for-profit and commercial companies with a charitable housing association at our core. Operating across 160 local authorities in England and Scotland and housing 100,000+ people, we are fully committed to improving the lives of thousands of individuals and families. We seek to transform lives and revitalise neighbourhoods.
Is Riverside for you?
We want you to feel empowered and that your voice is truly heard. Being a company focused on people, we treat our customers with this same respect.
We trust you to protect our customers, our people and our business and we see outstanding worth in those with the courage to take responsibility, innovate and find solutions.
Your focus on performance and ambition is rewarded with development opportunities. With Riverside, you can achieve.
If you’re thinking of joining us as an #IN2 apprentice, we’d love to hear from you. We encourage applicants from all sections of the community so that we can truly reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Interviews for this role are being held on 16th October 2019