Riverside have a new opportunity for a Community Assistant based in Enfield working full time on a permanent basis.
Who you’ll be helping
Engage Enfield is a housing related floating support service for customers aged 18 and over who are living in Enfield.
Our experience team will provide support in a safe, supportive and enabling environment enabling customers to build confidence and self-esteem as well as life skills in order to move onto independent living. We also provide support with debt, healthcare, social isolation, wellbeing and addiction/ offending.
To learn more about Engage Enfield, click here.
What will you do?
As a trusted member of the team you will be responsible for assisting in the provision of a support service for our customers.
Day to day
As an Engage Enfield Community Assistant your duties will include:
• Providing community based support to our customers in their own homes as part of a team.
• Acting as an initial point of contact on the phone or within the office as required.
• Day to day office administrative tasks such as record keeping and maintaining files.
• Working under direction, supporting clients to help them achieve their personal goals and outcomes
• Contribute to the formulation and delivery of person centred support plans.
For a deeper understanding of your responsibilities, take a look at the job description linked below.
Does this describe you?
You are flexible, empathetic, inclusive and resilient. Even better, you have excellent interpersonal and communication skills too.
Though not essential by any means, you have preferably worked with vulnerable clients in a housing or support setting before.
Click on the job description linked below to see a full list of our essential requirements.
What’s in it for you?
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer you:
• Access to ongoing personal career development opportunities through Learning Zone
• 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
• Family friendly benefits providing enhanced maternity, paternity, shared parental leave and adoption
• Tax-free bikes and car loan scheme
• Eye tests, glasses and lenses
• Childcare vouchers salary sacrifice through payroll
• Riverside Rewards scheme and app, providing valuable access to discounted benefits including high street and online savings
Who are Riverside?
We are one of the UK’s leading social housing and regeneration organisations. We are a group of not-for-profit and commercial companies with a charitable housing association at our core. Operating across 160 local authorities in England and Scotland and housing 100,000+ people, we are fully committed to improving the lives of thousands of individuals and families. We seek to transform lives and revitalise neighbourhoods.
Is Riverside for you?
We want you to feel empowered and that your voice is truly heard. Being a company focused on people, we treat our customers with this same respect.
We trust you to protect our customers, our people and our business and we see outstanding worth in those with the courage to take responsibility, innovate and find solutions.
Your focus on performance and ambition is rewarded with development opportunities. With Riverside, you can achieve.
If you’re thinking of joining us as a Community Assistant, we’d love to hear from you. We encourage applicants from all sections of the community so that we can truly reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work.