Riverside have a new opportunity in Brixton for a Support Worker, working full-time, on a permanent basis. You’ll earn £21,451 per year + £4,000 London Weighting Allowance, increasing by 5% after 18 months, dependent on performance.
Who you’ll be helping
Brixton Hostel provides a safe and relaxed environment for adults who experience severe and enduring mental health problems. This scheme offers medium to high levels of support to adults.
Here at Acre lane, our aim is to, “promote the independence of service users experiencing severe and enduring mental ill health whilst developing relapse prevention skills and improving security of tenure.”
You can read more about the scheme here.
While Riverside does have roles for Care Workers, this is a role perfect for those looking for support work.
What will you do?
The Support Worker is responsible for the delivery of individual, positive outcome focused support packages to clients of Riverside’s supported schemes and ensuring that the support service promotes empowerment and independence. It is imperative to work as part of a staff team committed to “best practice” in the social housing field working proactively with clients in achieving their personalised support outcomes.
Day to day
Your key responsibilities as a Brixton Hostel Support Worker will include:
• Delivering a ‘best practice’ support service, appropriate to clients’ needs.
• Ensuring the delivery of individual personalised support packages, reflective of different client needs, including culture and diversity issues.
• Assisting clients with day-to-day tenancy issues, payment of rent, claiming benefits, preparing units to let.
• Knowledge of ‘best practice’ in both crisis intervention and planned support working.
• Undertaking referrals and assessments of potential clients, working with them to identify the most appropriate housing solution for their needs.
• Ensuring clients have access to relevant external support services.
For a deeper understanding of your responsibilities, take a look at the job description linked below.
Does this describe you?
You are flexible, empathetic, inclusive and resilient. Even better, you have excellent interpersonal and communication skills too.
Though not essential by any means, you have preferably worked with vulnerable clients in a housing or support setting before.
Click on the job description linked below to see a full list of our essential requirements.
What’s in it for you?
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer you:
• Access to ongoing personal career development opportunities through Learning Zone
• Opt-in to our auto-enrolment pension scheme
• 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
• Family friendly benefits providing enhanced maternity, paternity, shared parental leave and adoption
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Riverside Rewards scheme and app, providing valuable access to discounted benefits including high street and online savings
Who are Riverside?
We are one of the UK’s leading social housing and regeneration organisations. We are a group of not-for-profit and commercial companies with a charitable housing association at our core. Operating across 160 local authorities in England and Scotland and housing 100,000+ people, we are fully committed to improving the lives of thousands of individuals and families. We seek to transform lives and revitalise neighbourhoods.
Is Riverside for you?
We want you to feel empowered and that your voice is truly heard. Being a company focused on people, we treat our customers with this same respect.
We trust you to protect our customers, our people and our business and we see outstanding worth in those with the courage to take responsibility, innovate and find solutions.
Your focus on performance and ambition is rewarded with development opportunities. With Riverside, you can achieve.
If you’re thinking of joining us as a Support Worker, we’d love to hear from you. We encourage applicants from all sections of the community so that we can truly reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work.