Riverside have a new opportunity for a Night Assistant, working 35 hours per week on a permanent basis.
You will be based in Acorn House, Bury, St Edmunds and the working pattern will be 5 nights per week including working alternate weekends.
The usual shift patterns are 5pm - 12am or 6pm - 1am, however there can be an element of flexibility for the successful candidate.
Who you’ll be helping
Acorn House offers supported housing for young parents, aged 16-25 years in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk. We support young parents who are homeless, or at risk of homelessness, and who have housing related support needs.
You can read more about Acorn House click here.
What will you do?
As a Night Assistant, you will be working with vulnerable client groups and you will assist in the delivery of a high quality support, security, and housing to the clients of our supported services.
Day to day
• Have an awareness of the client groups support needs, and contribute as directed to the delivery of agreed outcomes.
• Effectively dealing with anti-social behaviour.
• Effective recording of information including adding updates to the support database and housing management database.
• Implementing policies and procedures to ensure effective service delivery.
• Promote and encourage a high level of client involvement, consultation and communication.
For a deeper understanding of your responsibilities, take a look at the job description linked below.
Does this describe you?
You are customer focused and you will have excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills too. You will be able to work as part of a team and you are flexible, empathetic, inclusive and resilient.
Though not essential by any means, you have preferably worked with vulnerable clients in a housing or support setting before.
Click on the job description linked below to see a full list of our essential requirements.
What’s in it for you?
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer you:
• Access to ongoing personal career development opportunities through Learning Zone
• 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
• Family friendly benefits providing enhanced maternity, paternity, shared parental leave and adoption
• Childcare vouchers salary sacrifice through payroll
• Access to Riverside Rewards scheme and app, providing valuable access to discounted benefits including high street and online savings
Who are Riverside?
We are one of the UK’s leading social housing and regeneration organisations. We are a group of not-for-profit and commercial companies with a charitable housing association at our core. Operating across 150+ local authorities in England and Scotland and housing 90,000+ people, we are fully committed to improving the lives of thousands of individuals and families. We seek to transform lives and revitalise neighbourhoods.
Is Riverside for you?
We want you to feel empowered and that your voice is truly heard. Being a company focused on people, we treat our customers with this same respect.
We trust you to protect our customers, our people and our business and we see outstanding worth in those with the courage to take responsibility, innovate and find solutions.
Your focus on performance and ambition is rewarded with development opportunities. With Riverside, you can achieve.
If you’re thinking of joining us as a Night Assistant, we’d love to hear from you. We encourage applicants from all sections of the community so that we can truly reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work.
Please note: Riverside are putting in measures to protect candidates and our colleagues from Covid-19. Whilst we are still continuing to recruit for this position and other roles in the organisation we will be implementing virtual interviews