Riverside are looking to recruit a Relief Worker in Westminster.
Working as a Relief Worker you will need to be able to work flexibly and cover sickness and holidays on an as and when basis, including the possibility of night and weekend shifts.
Who you’ll be helping
Operating in over 150 local authorities we have a wealth of experience working with diverse customers. We are uniquely placed to provide innovative and flexible care and support solutions that provide exceptional value to commissioning authorities, clients and communities.
You will be working within our Westminster Mental Health Pathway service.
While Riverside does have roles for Care workers, this is a role perfect for those looking for Support Work
What will you do?
You will work on an as and when basis to assist in the provision of a highly customer focused care service, which promotes independence, respect and choices by ensuring a professional and supportive approach at all times.
To assist customers with queries and support when needed in accordance with current best practices according to company policies and procedures, agreed standards, legislative requirements, safeguarding and relevant regulations.
Day to day
Your key responsibilities as a Relief Worker will include:
• To provide a high quality, customer-oriented service and understand that all the actions should be customer- led.
• As directed by the manager and support team you will assist in providing care and support to customers in the provision of service and supported housing.
• Maintain and promote the dignity of all individuals which improves their health and wellbeing in a safe and appropriate environment.
• Foster effective communication with each customer and work colleagues and to be aware of communication differences and adopt an approach to suit an individual preferred method of communication.
• Encourage and enable customer to be as independent as possible with regards to their daily living skills and maintaining or improving their quality of life, this includes encouraging personal interests, access to social networks and social activities.
For a deeper understanding of your responsibilities, take a look at the job description linked below.
Does this describe you?
You are flexible, empathetic, inclusive and resilient. Even better, you have excellent interpersonal and communication skills too.
Though not essential by any means, you have preferably worked with vulnerable clients in a housing or support setting before.
Click on the job description linked below to see a full list of our essential requirements.
What’s in it for you?
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer you:
• Access to ongoing personal career development opportunities through Learning Zone
• Family friendly benefits providing enhanced maternity, paternity, shared parental leave and adoption
• Tax-free bikes and car loan scheme
• Eye tests, glasses and lenses
• Riverside Rewards scheme and app, providing valuable access to discounted benefits including high street and online savings
Who are Riverside?
We are one of the UK’s leading social housing and regeneration organisations. We are a group of not-for-profit and commercial companies with a charitable housing association at our core. Operating across 160 local authorities in England and Scotland and housing 100,000+ people, we are fully committed to improving the lives of thousands of individuals and families. We seek to transform lives and revitalise neighbourhoods.
Is Riverside for you?
We want you to feel empowered and that your voice is truly heard. Being a company focused on people, we treat our customers with this same respect.
We trust you to protect our customers, our people and our business and we see outstanding worth in those with the courage to take responsibility, innovate and find solutions.
Your focus on performance and ambition is rewarded with development opportunities. With Riverside, you can achieve.
If you’re thinking of joining us as a Relief Worker, we’d love to hear from you. We encourage applicants from all sections of the community so that we can truly reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work.