Riverside have a new opportunity in Ipswich, Suffolk for a Night Assistant, working 35 hours per week, on a permanent basis. You’ll earn £18,135 per year, pro rata (£16,926) +10% night shift allowance.
You will be required to work shifts from 6pm to 2am. A driving licence and care required.
Who you’ll be helping
Located in Suffolk, Peppercorn Lodge provide supported housing for young parents who may be affected by relationship issues, mental health difficulties, substance misuse or homelessness.
You can read more about the scheme here.
Please note, you will also be main point of contact for 3 other services. Therefore, a drivers licence is essential for this position as you may be required to travel to the other schemes.
While Riverside does have roles for carers, this is a role perfect for those looking for support work.
What will you do?
As a trusted member of our team, you will work across a defined geographical area assisting in the delivery of a high quality support, security and housing service to the clients of our supported Schemes.
Day to day
Your key responsibilities as a Peppercorn Lodge Night Assistant will include:
• Have an awareness of the clients groups support needs, and contribute as directed to the delivery their agreed outcomes.
• Implementing night security systems, ensuring overall safety and security of the scheme.
• Meeting the requirements of health and safety policies and practices.
• Effectively dealing with anti-social behaviour.
• Maintain high standards of cleanliness within schemes, preparation of rooms and site inspections.
For a deeper understanding of your responsibilities, take a look at the job description linked below.
Does this describe you?
You are flexible, empathetic, inclusive and resilient. Even better, you have excellent interpersonal and communication skills too.
You have experience working with vulnerable clients in a housing or support setting before.
Click on the job description linked below to see a full list of our essential requirements.
What’s in it for you?
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer you:
• Access to ongoing personal career development opportunities through Learning Zone
• Opt-in to our auto-enrolment pension scheme
• 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
• Tax-free bikes and car loan scheme
• Eye tests, glasses and lenses
• Riverside Rewards scheme and app, providing valuable access to discounted benefits including high street and online savings
Who are Riverside?
We are one of the UK’s leading social housing and regeneration organisations. We are a group of not-for-profit and commercial companies with a charitable housing association at our core. Operating across 160 local authorities in England and Scotland and housing 100,000+ people, we are fully committed to improving the lives of thousands of individuals and families. We seek to transform lives and revitalise neighbourhoods.
Is Riverside for you?
We want you to feel empowered and that your voice is truly heard. Being a company focused on people, we treat our customers with this same respect.
We trust you to protect our customers, our people and our business and we see outstanding worth in those with the courage to take responsibility, innovate and find solutions.
Your focus on performance and ambition is rewarded with development opportunities. With Riverside, you can achieve.
If you’re thinking of joining us as a Night Assistant, we’d love to hear from you. We encourage applicants from all sections of the community so that we can truly reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work.
Please note: Riverside are putting in measures to protect candidates and our colleagues from Covid-19. Whilst we are still continuing to recruit for this position and other roles in the organisation we will be implementing virtual interviews