Riverside have a new opportunity for a Project Assistant working 30 hours per week, on a permanent basis. You will earn £14,508.00 per year.
Your shifts will include a mix of early and late shifts, including weekends.
Who you’ll be helping
You will be based at a safe, confidential refuge for women and children fleeing domestic abuse in Wakefield.
Working as a team, we provide support on everything from practical, day-to-day living skills to legal support and help keeping safe.
Please note that this position is for female applicants only.
What will you do?
As a trusted member of our team, you will be expected in planning and delivery a range of personalised support to customers, working with individuals and empowering them to achieve their goals and aspirations. This will include: assisting in the day-to-day delivery of the service undertaking a range of administrative tasks and customer service responsibilities.
Day to day
Your key responsibilities as a Riverside’s Project Assistant will include:
• Assist with the planning and delivery of person-centred and asset-based support for customers, as well as the implementation of support plans.
• Adopt a psychologically informed approach to delivering support, empowering customers to have choice and control and to drive the support they receive.
• Develop an understanding of customers’ support needs, and support individuals to achieve their personalised goals and aspirations.
• Assist customers with day-to-day support requirements and tenancy related matters.
• Work alongside customers with a variety of complex needs and support requirements.
• Resolve difficult and challenging situations in a sensitive and informed way, balancing the needs of the individual with responsibilities for the safety of the service.
For a deeper understanding of your responsibilities, take a look at the job description linked below.
Does this describe you?
You are flexible, empathetic, inclusive and resilient. Even better, you have excellent interpersonal and communication skills too.
Though not essential by any means, you have preferably worked with vulnerable clients in a housing or support setting before.
Click on the job description linked below to see a full list of our essential requirements.
What’s in it for you?
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer you:
• 25 days holiday per year
• Support towards professional study costs
• Access to e-learning
• Opt-in to our auto-enrolment pension scheme (employee rate 3% and employer rate 5%) or our enhanced pension scheme (employee rate 6% and employer rate 9%)
• Eye tests, glasses and lenses
• Riverside Rewards scheme and app, providing valuable access to discounted benefits including high street and online savings
Who are Riverside?
We are one of the UK’s leading social housing and regeneration organisations. We are a group of not-for-profit and commercial companies with a charitable housing association at our core. Operating across 150+ local authorities in England and Scotland and housing 90,000+ people, we are fully committed to improving the lives of thousands of individuals and families. We seek to transform lives and revitalise neighbourhoods.
Is Riverside for you?
We want you to feel empowered and that your voice is truly heard. Being a company focused on people, we treat our customers with this same respect.
We trust you to protect our customers, our people and our business and we see outstanding worth in those with the courage to take responsibility, innovate and find solutions.
Your focus on performance and ambition is rewarded with development opportunities. With Riverside, you can achieve.
If you’re thinking of joining us as a Project Assistant we’d love to hear from you. We encourage applicants from all sections of the community so that we can truly reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work.
Please note: Riverside are putting in measures to protect candidates and our colleagues from Covid-19. Whilst we are still continuing to recruit for this position and other roles in the organisation we will be implementing virtual interviews.