Do you want to play your part in ending Rough Sleeping for good?
The Everybody In response to the Covid-19 pandemic has shown that we can make a massive impact on supporting rough sleepers to get off the streets and into accommodation. The challenge before us is to ensure that this effort is not wasted and that people can leave rough sleeping behind for good.
We need your to help us make this vision a reality in Kent. Riverside are looking to recruit 2x Full Time Community Navigators in Ashford, Kent working 37.5 hours per week. We will be flexible with you in agreeing how these hours are structured across the working week and this may involve some evenings and weekends, subject to negotiation prior to appointment.
Who you’ll be helping
As a Community Navigator you will be responsible for delivering, strengths-based support packages to people with a history of rough sleeping in Ashford, Kent. You will be supporting and empowering some of the most complex, vulnerable people in society to take the next step towards living independently in their new accommodation. You will achieve this by:
• Ensuring people have access to the right support networks e.g. drug/alcohol services, healthcare etc.
• Multi-agency working with Ashford Borough Council’s Rough Sleeper Co-Ordinator and other key supporting agencies.
• Creating links to the local community through (for example) volunteering, social activities, wellbeing activities etc.
• Supporting people to access education, training and employment opportunities.
• Delivering personalised support packages helping people to identify their own strength, hopes and aspirations and working with people to realise them.
• Assisting clients with day-to-day tenancy issues such as payment of rent and liaising with landlords and assisting with benefit claims.
You will play an integral role as part of a local taskforce, consisting of Riverside’s Rough Sleeper outreach and support services and Ashford Borough Council’s Rough Sleeper Co-Ordinator. You will work collaboratively and creatively with clients to ensure their route off the streets and into accommodation is both seamless and sustainable.
Does this describe you?
You are a motivated, proactive individual with excellent communication skills. You have experience of working with people with multiple, complex needs and delivering support in a either housing or social care setting. You are a passionate advocate for strengths-based approaches to supporting people. You also have demonstrable IT Skills and are proficient in Microsoft packages.
We’re interested in talking to people from a wide range of backgrounds and encourage applications from people with lived experience of homelessness
What’s in it for you?
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer you:
• Access to ongoing personal career development opportunities through Learning Zone
• 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
• Family friendly benefits providing enhanced maternity, paternity, shared parental leave and adoption
• Tax-free bikes and car loan scheme
• Eye tests, glasses and lenses
• Riverside Rewards scheme and app, providing valuable access to discounted benefits including high street and online savings
Who are Riverside?
We are one of the UK’s leading social housing and regeneration organisations. We are a group of not-for-profit and commercial companies with a charitable housing association at our core. Operating across 160 local authorities in England and Scotland and housing 100,000+ people, we are fully committed to improving the lives of thousands of individuals and families. We seek to transform lives and revitalise neighbourhoods.
We deliver the full pathway of homelessness services in Ashford, from rough sleeper outreach for people living on the streets, to supported accommodation for people who need ongoing support and floating support for people at risk of tenancy breakdown.
Is Riverside for you?
We want you to feel empowered and that your voice is truly heard. Being a company focused on people, we treat our customers with this same respect.
We trust you to protect our customers, our people and our business and we see outstanding worth in those with the courage to take responsibility, innovate and find solutions.
Your focus on performance and ambition is rewarded with development opportunities. With Riverside, you can achieve.
If you’re thinking of joining us as a Community Navigator, we’d love to hear from you. We encourage applicants from all sections of the community so that we can truly reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work.
Please note: Riverside are putting in measures to protect candidates and our colleagues from Covid-19. Whilst we are still continuing to recruit for this position and other roles in the organisation we will be implementing virtual interviews