Riverside have a new opportunity for a Living Skills Coach, working full time, on a permanent basis.
You will earn £18,497 per annum. Your working pattern will be 37.5 hours over a 7 day rotational shift basis.
Who you’ll be helping
Working with Look Ahead Care and Support to deliver Kent Homeless Connect, we provide accommodation and support to vulnerable adults aged 18 and over, with complex support needs including mental health, substance misuse, trauma, rough sleepers, homeless, risk of homelessness or impacted by homelessness.
The Quays provides individuals with a stable home, focuses on individual strengths and empowers service users to take the next step towards independence and breaking the cycle of homelessness.
For more information on the scheme, click here.
What will you do?
To provide Skills Coaching for customers who are preparing to move on to independent and semi- independent accommodation.
Day to day
Your usual responsibilities as a The Quays Living Skills Coach will include:
• Work with customers to provide an effective communal cleaning service of the scheme, ensure that all communal equipment and fixtures and fittings are regularly inspected and maintained in good working order as well as ensure that repairs are carried out quickly and efficiently.
• Ensure that customers are involved in the preparation of rooms for letting as well as that they are skilled to carry out small painting, repair and maintenance jobs such as replacing light bulbs.
• Respond appropriately to any customer complaint, compliment or suggestions.
• Promote equal opportunities, strive to deliver services in a sensitive manger free from discrimination and to contribute to development and continual improvement of services.
For a deeper understanding of your responsibilities, take a look at the job description linked below.
Does this describe you?
You are experienced in working with vulnerable customer groups as well as in delivering life skills coaching support in housing related matters. You have basic proficiency in Mircrosoft Office including Word and Excel.
You uphold an optimistic, flexible and non-judgemental approach to supporting individuals. Even better, you have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with individuals from a variety of different backgrounds.
Click on the job description linked below to see a full list of our essential requirements.
What’s in it for you?
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer you:
• Access to ongoing personal career development opportunities through Learning Zone
• Pension Scheme
• 25 days holiday per year
• Eye tests, glasses and lenses
• Riverside Rewards scheme and app, providing valuable access to discounted benefits including high street and online savings
Who are Riverside?
We are one of the UK’s leading social housing and regeneration organisations. We are a group of not-for-profit and commercial companies with a charitable housing association at our core. Operating across 150+ local authorities in England and Scotland and housing 90,000+ people, we are fully committed to improving the lives of thousands of individuals and families. We seek to transform lives and revitalise neighbourhoods.
Is Riverside for you?
We want you to feel empowered and that your voice is truly heard. Being a company focused on people, we treat our customers with this same respect.
We trust you to protect our customers, our people and our business and we see outstanding worth in those with the courage to take responsibility, innovate and find solutions.
Your focus on performance and ambition is rewarded with development opportunities. With Riverside, you can achieve.
If you’re thinking of joining us as a Living Skills Coach, we’d love to hear from you. We encourage applicants from all sections of the community so that we can truly reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work.
Please Note: Riverside are putting in measures to protect candidates and our colleagues from Covid-19. Whilst we are still continuing to recruit for this position and other roles in the organisation we will be implementing virtual interviews.