Riverside have fantastic new opportunities for a Community Assistant based in Edmonton working full time on a permanent basis. This role will operate on a shift rota over 7 days.
Who you’ll be helping
You will be helping Riverside’s vulnerable clients with day to day delivery of support services in their own homes and within the community.
What will you do?
As a trusted member of the team, you will assist in the provision of housing related support to Riverside’s vulnerable clients, visiting customers in their homes or out and about in the community. You will provide support for their wellbeing by discussing any issues they may be facing within their community or regarding their mental health or benefit entitlement.
Day to day
As a Riverside Community Assistant your duties will include:
• Providing community based support to our customers in their own homes as part of a team.
• Acting as an initial point of contact on the phone or within the office as required.
• Day to day office administrative tasks such as record keeping and maintaining files.
• Working under direction, supporting clients to help them achieve their personal goals and outcomes
• Contribute to the formulation and delivery of person centred support plans.
For a deeper understanding of your responsibilities, take a look at the job description linked below.
Does this describe you?
You are flexible, empathetic, inclusive and resilient. Even better, you have excellent interpersonal and communication skills too.
Though not essential by any means, you have preferably worked with vulnerable clients in a housing or support setting before ideally in the Haringey area.
Click on the job description linked below to see a full list of our essential requirements.
What’s in it for you?
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer you:
• Access to ongoing personal career development opportunities through Learning Zone
• 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
• Family friendly benefits providing enhanced maternity, paternity, shared parental leave and adoption
• Eye tests, glasses and lenses
• Childcare vouchers salary sacrifice through payroll
• Riverside Rewards scheme and app, providing valuable access to discounted benefits including high street and online savings
Who are Riverside?
We are one of the UK’s leading social housing and regeneration organisations. We are a group of not-for-profit and commercial companies with a charitable housing association at our core. Operating across 160 local authorities in England and Scotland and housing 100,000+ people, we are fully committed to improving the lives of thousands of individuals and families. We seek to transform lives and revitalise neighbourhoods.
Is Riverside for you?
We want you to feel empowered and that your voice is truly heard. Being a company focused on people, we treat our customers with this same respect.
We trust you to protect our customers, our people and our business and we see outstanding worth in those with the courage to take responsibility, innovate and find solutions.
Your focus on performance and ambition is rewarded with development opportunities. With Riverside, you can achieve.
If you’re thinking of joining us as a Community Assistant, we’d love to hear from you. Please call Sandra Thompson on 07773 481160.We encourage applicants from all sections of the community so that we can truly reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work.
Please note: Riverside are putting in measures to protect candidates and our colleagues from Covid-19. Whilst we are still continuing to recruit for this position and other roles in the organisation we will be implementing virtual interviews.