Riverside have a new opportunity for a Project Assistant, working full-time, on a permanent basis.
You will earn £18,497 per annum plus £4,000 location allowance. Your working pattern will be on a rotational basis from Monday to Sunday.
Who you’ll be helping
Westminster Transitional housing approach, a brand new service model across 6 buildings in Marylebone.
Combination of 24 hour supported housing; 24 hour transitional housing (short term) and satellite housing led units to deliver strengths based support for single homeless customers. A team approach will work across all buildings making the most of technology and community spaces to develop best practice solutions to move on and meaningful occupation.
What will you do?
Forming part of a team committed to delivering excellent customer focused support in a supported housing environment, you will assist in the planning and delivery of a range of personalised support to customers. You will assist in the day-to-day delivery of the service undertaking a range of administrative tasks and customer service responsibilities.
Day to day
Your usual responsibilities as a Project Assistant will include:
• Act as an initial point of contact on the phone, or in a reception area as required, dealing with a range of enquiries.
• Assist customers with day-to-day support requirements and tenancy related matters.
• Resolve difficult and challenging situations in a sensitive and informed way, balancing the needs of the individual with responsibilities for the safety of the service.
• Assist in the delivery of an effective housing management service, including working with tenancy agreements and collecting rents and service charges.
• Clean and prepare rooms as appropriate.
• Maintain and update financial administration systems, including rent accounts, invoices, petty cash, and banking.
• Assist in collating and submitting information returns, including funding, health and safety and performance.
For a deeper understanding of your responsibilities, take a look at the job description linked below.
Does this describe you?
You uphold an optimistic, flexible and non-judgemental approach to supporting individuals. Even better, you have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with individuals from a variety of different backgrounds.
You understand the barriers faced by vulnerable customer groups and individuals with complex needs. You are comfortable using Microsoft Office programmes and are willing to learn how to use additional company specific IT systems. You are able to work independently and use own initiative.
Click on the job description linked below to see a full list of our essential requirements.
What’s in it for you?
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer you:
• Access to ongoing personal career development opportunities through Learning Zone
• Pension Scheme
• 25 days holiday per year
• Eye tests, glasses and lenses
• Riverside Rewards scheme and app, providing valuable access to discounted benefits including high street and online savings
Who are Riverside?
We are one of the UK’s leading social housing and regeneration organisations. We are a group of not-for-profit and commercial companies with a charitable housing association at our core. Operating across 150+ local authorities in England and Scotland and housing 90,000+ people, we are fully committed to improving the lives of thousands of individuals and families. We seek to transform lives and revitalise neighbourhoods.
Is Riverside for you?
We want you to feel empowered and that your voice is truly heard. Being a company focused on people, we treat our customers with this same respect.
We trust you to protect our customers, our people and our business and we see outstanding worth in those with the courage to take responsibility, innovate and find solutions.
Your focus on performance and ambition is rewarded with development opportunities. With Riverside, you can achieve.
If you’re thinking of joining us as a Project Assistant, we’d love to hear from you. We encourage applicants from all sections of the community so that we can truly reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work.
Please Note: Riverside are putting in measures to protect candidates and our colleagues from Covid-19. Whilst we are still continuing to recruit for this position and other roles in the organisation we will be implementing virtual interviews.