Riverside have new opportunities for two permanent Night Assistants, working an average of 35 hours per week, on a 2 week shift rota basis.
Who you’ll be helping
Acorn House offers supported housing for young parents, aged 16-25 years in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk. We support young parents who are homeless, or at risk of homelessness, and who have housing-related support needs.
Some of these young parents may have a history of homelessness, substance and alcohol misuse, learning disabilities and mental health issues. Though sometimes your resilience will be required, working with these young families is incredibly rewarding and your input can truly make a difference here.
You can read more about the scheme here.
While Riverside does have roles for carers, this is a role perfect for those looking for support work.
What will you do?
As a trusted member of our team, you will work across a defined geographical area delivering a high quality, helpful service to our clients. Working hours will consist of 50 hours in week one and 20 hours in week two. Shift patterns are 7.00pm - 5.00am.
Your key responsibilities as an Acorn House Night Assistant will include:
• be a primary point of contact for telephone or personal enquiries
• attend to any queries in a professional and considered manner
• implement night security systems
• monitor and respond to any technical faults that may arise
For a deeper understanding of your responsibilities, take a look at the job description linked below.
Does this describe you?
You're a real self-starters who is positive, resilient and able to use your own initiative. You have excellent communication and IT skills.
Though not essential by any means, you have some experience of working within supported housing.
Click on the job description linked below to see a full list of our essential requirements.
What’s in it for you?
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer you:
• Access to ongoing training and development opportunities
• 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
• Opt-in to our auto-enrolment pension scheme (employee rate 1% and employer rate 4%) or our enhanced pension scheme (employee rate 6% and employer rate 9%)
• Childcare vouchers through our Riverside Rewards scheme and app, which includes access to high street and online savings
• Tax-free bikes and car loan scheme
• Eye tests, glasses and lenses
• Life assurance and home contents insurance
Who are Riverside?
We are one of the UK’s leading social housing and regeneration organisations. We are a group of not-for-profit and commercial companies with a charitable housing association at our core. Operating across 150+ local authorities in England and Scotland and housing 90,000+ people, we are fully committed to improving the lives of thousands of individuals and families. We seek to transform lives and revitalise neighbourhoods.
Is Riverside for you?
We want you to feel empowered and that your voice is truly heard. Being a company focused on people, we treat our customers with this same respect.
We trust you to protect our customers, our people and our business and we see outstanding worth in those with the courage to take responsibility, innovate and find solutions.
Your focus on performance and ambition is rewarded with development opportunities. With Riverside, you can achieve.
If you’re thinking of joining us as a Night Assistant, we’d love to hear from you. We encourage applicants from all sections of the community so that we can truly reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work.