Riverside have a new opportunity for a Housing Officer working full time on a permanent basis in Hull. You will earn £21,451 increasing to £22,459 after 18 months dependant on performance.
Who you’ll be helping
We are working in partnership with Hull City Council and Wates Living space to create 316 Extra Care apartments across 3 sites in Hull supporting vulnerable customers with disabilities, mental health needs, dementia and older people. The properties are designed to be adaptable so residents can continue to live within their communities as their needs change over time.
It is also designed to be a community hub with facilities such as communal garden areas, a restaurant and a hair salon for the benefit of both the residents and those in the surrounding areas.
You can read about the project here
While Riverside does have roles for carers, this is a role perfect for those looking for support work.
What will you do?
As a trusted member of the team, you will work across 3 intergenerational Extra Care site across Hull, providing a customer focussed housing service and delivering day to day housing management services to a diverse range of customers.
Day to day
Your usual responsibilities as a Hull Extra Care Housing Officer will include;
• Ensure occupancy targets are met, through lettings and refurbishment of properties.
• Meeting rent collection and arrears targets.
• Providing practical support and information to clients when entering the service and throughout their involvements with the service.
• Adhering and assisting in the management of the schemes allocations procedure.
• Assisting in the monitoring of service contracts.
For a deeper understanding of your responsibilities, take a look at the job description linked below.
Does this describe you?
You are flexible, empathetic, inclusive and resilient. Even better, you have excellent interpersonal and communication skills too.
You are a self-starter with experience of working with vulnerable client groups in a housing or support setting. A qualification in housing is preferred but not essential.
Click on the job description linked below to see a full list of our essential requirements.
What’s in it for you?
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer you:
• Access to ongoing personal career development opportunities through Learning Zone
• Opt-in to our auto-enrolment pension scheme
• 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
• Family friendly benefits providing enhanced maternity, paternity, shared parental leave and adoption
• Childcare vouchers salary sacrifice through payroll
• Riverside Rewards scheme and app, providing valuable access to discounted benefits including high street and online savings
Who are Riverside?
We are one of the UK’s leading social housing and regeneration organisations. We are a group of not-for-profit and commercial companies with a charitable housing association at our core. Operating across 160 local authorities in England and Scotland and housing 100,000+ people, we are fully committed to improving the lives of thousands of individuals and families. We seek to transform lives and revitalise neighbourhoods.
Is Riverside for you?
We want you to feel empowered and that your voice is truly heard. Being a company focused on people, we treat our customers with this same respect.
We trust you to protect our customers, our people and our business and we see outstanding worth in those with the courage to take responsibility, innovate and find solutions.
Your focus on performance and ambition is rewarded with development opportunities. With Riverside, you can achieve.
If you’re thinking of joining us as a Housing Officer we’d love to hear from you. We encourage applicants from all sections of the community so that we can truly reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work.