The successful candidate will be capable of interacting with stakeholders at all levels, eliciting business requirements, developing and analysing alternative business and system-of-system-level architectures, generating high-level solution specifications and overseeing the procurement, delivery and transition of solutions into the client’s operation. The role will draw upon the expertise of technical and systems engineering specialists at Roke.
The role will include travel and working at a number of MOD sites around the UK, although it is expected that some time will initially be spent at Roke in order to become familiar with Roke practices and ways of working.
This is a customer facing role; therefore, we are looking for individuals who have the appropriate technical knowledge and who are able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels and act as a trusted advisor to our clients.
Areas of Responsibility/Tasks:
- Business Architecture Definition & Analysis (Essential)
- Solution Architecture Definition & Analysis (Essential)
- Aligning Technological Approaches with Business and Customer Goals, identifying Benefits and Risk Mitigation approaches (Essential)
- Stakeholder Engagement and Management (Essential)
- Requirements Elicitation and Analysis (Essential)
- Specification of High-Level Solutions (Essential)
- Transition Planning (Essential)
- Information-Oriented Analysis (Desirable)
- Security Analysis (Desirable)
- Systems Analysis & Operational Analysis (Desirable)
- Trade Studies (Desirable)
- Design and Delivery Assurance (Desirable)
- Degree qualified (2.1 or above) or equivalent in a relevant engineering, scientific or technical-based discipline (Essential)
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to create influence (Essential)
- Ability to build constructive relationships with clients, including adapting to their culture and ways of working (Essential)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to summarise, write and deliver concise technical information and to apply appropriate data visualisation techniques (Essential)
- Expertise in Enterprise Architecture processes, principles and practices and demonstrable experience applying these in a defence context (Essential)
- Application of Architecture Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, MODAF, Archimate) and use of CASE tools (Essential)
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of the Deployed and Tactical Military Domains in areas such as Communications Bearers, Deployed Networks, Specialised Application Infrastructure, Autonomous Applications and Security & System Management (Essential)
- Experience within one or more of MOD environments (Air, Land, Maritime, C4ISR ) (Essential)
- Demonstrable ability in strategy development for IT-enabled business change (Desirable)
- Proven track record in leading the development of solutions, ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed with both external and internal customers (Desirable)
- Broad Knowledge of a range of enterprise-scale ICT delivery mechanisms and software technologies (including Application Hosting, Big Data, DevOps and Virtualised Cloud Services) (Desirable)
Due to the nature of this position, candidates must be either hold or be willing to undergo, and eligible to achieve HMG security clearance (prior to appointment). As a result, candidates should ideally be a British Citizen however you can hold another nationality and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including bonus scheme, private medical insurance and pension, along with a whole host of flexible benefits to include childcare vouchers, travel insurance and dental care. Roke Manor Research Ltd is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity.