The role will include travel and working at a number of MOD sites around the UK, although it is expected that some time will initially be spent at Roke in order to become familiar with Roke practices and ways of working.
This is a customer facing role; therefore, we are looking for individuals who have the appropriate technical knowledge and who are able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels and act as a trusted advisor to our clients.
Areas of Responsibility/Tasks:
- Providing the security perspective within the solution architecture (Essential)
- Stakeholder engagement and management (Essential)
- Analysing threats, vulnerabilities and associated security risks within a specific policy environment (Essential)
- Establishing functional and non-functional requirements for the security architecture components, and taking responsibility for the solution approaches used in implementing associated elements of the systems architecture (Essential)
- Applying a structured approach and methodology for capturing the key security-related views of the enterprise as part of a change initiative which includes defining the security controls across the enterprise (Essential)
- Degree Qualified (2.1 or above) or equivalent in a relevant engineering, scientific or technical-based discipline (Essential)
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to engage with client security professionals both formally and informally (Essential)
- Ability to build constructive relationships with clients, including adapting to their culture and ways of working (Essential)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to summarise, write and deliver concise technical information and to apply appropriate data visualisation techniques (Essential)
- Application of Architecture Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, MODAF, Archimate) and use of CASE tools, specifically experience using model-based representations of security functions, security domains, security components and operational nodes (Essential)
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of the Deployed and Tactical Military Domains in areas such as Communications Bearers, Deployed Networks, Specialised Application Infrastructure, Autonomous Applications and Security & System Management (Essential)
- Experience within one or more of MOD environments (Air, Land, Maritime, C4ISR ) (Essential)
- CESG Certified Professional (CCP) qualification(s), ideally IA Architect or SIRA (Desirable)
- Knowledge of UK Defence Information Assurance (IA) systems and processes (Desirable)
- Knowledge of leading security technology solutions, in particular defence gateways and cross-domain solutions (Desirable)
- Knowledge of Communication Networks, Protocols and Gateways (e.g. PSTN, Fixed and Mobile IP Data, WiFi) (Desirable)
- Broad Knowledge of a range of enterprise-scale ICT delivery mechanisms and software technologies (including Application Hosting, Big Data, DevOps and Virtualised Cloud Services) (Desirable).
Due to the nature of this position, candidates must be either hold or be willing to undergo, and eligible to achieve HMG security clearance (prior to appointment). As a result, candidates should ideally be a British Citizen however you can hold another nationality and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package including bonus scheme, private medical insurance and pension, along with a whole host of flexible benefits to incoude childcare vouchers, travel insurance and dental care. Roke Manor Research Ltd is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity.