The role will include travel and working at a number of MOD sites around the UK, although it is expected that some time will initially be spent at Roke in order to become familiar with Roke practices and ways of working.
This is a customer facing role; therefore, we are looking for individuals who have the appropriate technical knowledge and who are able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels and act as a trusted advisor to our clients.
Areas of Responsibility/Tasks:
- Development of the business architecture strategy (Essential)
- Stakeholder Engagement and Management (Essential)
- Applying a structured business architecture approach and methodology for capturing the key views of the enterprise as part of a change initiative (Essential)
- Capture the tactical and strategic enterprise goals that provide traceability through the organisation and are mapped to metrics that provide ongoing governance (Essential)
- Defining the set of strategic, core and support processes that transcend functional and organisational boundaries; identify and describe external entities such as customers, suppliers, and external systems that interact with the business; and describe which people, resources and controls are involved in the processes (Essential)
- Defining the information assets and the relationships between those information assets across the enterprise (Essential)
- Degree Qualified (2.1 or above) or equivalent (Essential)
- Experience planning and deploying both business and IT initiatives (Essential)
- Experience using model-based representations (of business services, capabilities, functions, organisations and information) that can be adjusted as required to collect, aggregate or disaggregate complex and conflicting information about the business (Essential)
- The ability to visualise and create high-level models that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the business architecture (Essential)
- Experience of modelling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques such as swimlane diagrams and use of the Business Process Modelling Notation (Essential)
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to create influence (Essential)
- Ability to build constructive relationships with clients, including adapting to their culture and ways of working (Essential)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to summarise, write and deliver concise technical information and to apply appropriate data visualisation techniques (Essential)
- Application of Architecture Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, MODAF, Archimate) and use of CASE tools (Essential)
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of the Deployed and Tactical Military Domains in areas such as Communications Bearers, Deployed Networks, Specialised Application Infrastructure, Autonomous Applications and Security & System Management (Desirable)
- Experience within one or more of MOD environments (Air, Land, Maritime, C4ISR ) (Desirable)
• Experience of business architecture in other Government departments would be an advantage
What can we offer you?
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package, including bonus scheme, private medical insurance, employee assistance program and pension, along with a whole host of flexible benefits to include childcare vouchers, travel insurance and dental care.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, innovative and inclusive. We can accommodate flexible working arrangements, and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.