The successful candidate will be capable of interacting with stakeholders at all levels, eliciting user requirements, developing and analysing alternative system-level architectures, generating technical specifications and overseeing the procurement, delivery and transition of technical solutions from suppliers. The role will draw upon the expertise of technical and systems engineering specialists at Roke.
The role will include travel and working at a number of MOD sites around the UK, although it is expected that some time will initially be spent at Roke in order to become familiar with Roke practices and ways of working.
This is a customer facing role; therefore, we are looking for individuals who have the appropriate technical knowledge and who are able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels and act as a trusted advisor to our clients.
Areas of Responsibility/Tasks:
- Architecture Definition & Analysis (Essential)
- Stakeholder Engagement and Management (Essential)
- Requirements Elicitation and Analysis (Essential)
- Specification of Technical Solutions (Desirable)
- Security Analysis (Desirable)
- Systems Analysis & Operational Analysis (Desirable)
- Trade Studies (Desirable)
- Design and Delivery Assurance (Desirable)
- Degree Qualified (2.1 or above) or equivalent in a relevant engineering, scientific or technical-based discipline (Essential)
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to create influence (Essential)
- Ability to build constructive relationships with clients, including adapting to their culture and ways of working (Essential)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to summarise, write and deliver concise technical information and to apply appropriate data visualisation techniques (Essential)
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of the Deployed and Tactical Military Domains in areas such as Communications Bearers, Deployed Networks, Specialised Application Infrastructure, Autonomous Applications and Security & System Management, including awareness of the technology market in the deployed and tactical domains (Essential)
- Experience within one or more of MOD environments (Air, Land, Maritime, C4ISR ) (Essential)
- Proven track record in leading the development of solutions, ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed with both external and internal customers (Desirable)
- Ability to identify and assess risks and to advise on risk mitigation strategies (Desirable)
- Understanding of service-based architecture (Desirable)
- Ability to work with a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders to develop solution options to meet challenging requirements as part of a design team (Desirable)
- Application of Architecture Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, MODAF, Archimate) and use of CASE tools (Desirable)
- Requirements Engineering including Analysis and Management through life, including use of tools such as DOORS (Desirable)
- Knowledge of the Systems Engineering lifecycle phases and ability to plan for integration, test and acceptance (Desirable)
- Knowledge of Communication Networks, Protocols and Gateways (e.g. PSTN, Fixed and Mobile IP Data, WiFi) (Desirable)
- Broad Knowledge of a range of enterprise-scale ICT delivery mechanisms and software technologies (including Application Hosting, Big Data, DevOps and Virtualised Cloud Services) (Desirable)
What can we offer you?
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package, including bonus scheme, private medical insurance, employee assistance program and pension, along with a whole host of flexible benefits to include childcare vouchers, travel insurance and dental care.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, innovative and inclusive. We can accommodate flexible working arrangements, and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.