We are currently seeking a talented Digital Signal Processing Engineer with experience in developing DSP related algorithms utilising a range of real-time embedded platforms.
Here at Roke, we deliver advanced research, development services, and products, we are a vendor-neutral supplier, picking the most appropriate technologies to achieve the required performance and capabilities.
We are seeking highly motivated and knowledgeable staff, although when you are working across ground-breaking projects it is rare that you will have nothing new to learn.
You’ll relish being part of a stimulating, collaborative and driven team that offers you the autonomy, mastery, and purpose that you need to succeed. Depending on the project, there will be the opportunity to demonstrate technology to customers and support customer test and acceptance.
You will be proficient in algorithm development, modelling, and real-time embedded development whether this be for FPGA or DSP platforms.
What will your role look like?
- Contribute to digital signal processing algorithm development and embedded development to projects and bids
- Provide timely and accurate estimates for project deliverables
- Provide technical support to customer meetings
- Maintain awareness across new DSP and FPGA platform technologies and methodologies
- Apply and scale DSP engineering processes effectively
- Collaborate with all stakeholders in a matrix structure
What do we expect from you?
- Strong DSP algorithm development skills
- Experience of FPGA or DSP platforms
- Experience of algorithm modelling
- Experience of Embedded C/C++
- Experience of using configuration management tools, awareness of differing lifecycles and associated methodologies.
What else would we like?
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team and lead initiatives/activities if required
- Experience of Python in the use of test scripts and/or post-data processing is desirable
- Experience of working within the defence or special projects domain
Why should you work with us?
We offer you a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- A generous relocation allowance to help you settle into the local area and your new role.
- A substantial performance related bonus scheme, which we accompany with a clearly defined and fair review process.
- Company funded private medical insurance, for you and your family, in addition to a contributory pension that will allow you to effectively save for the future.
- Employee Assistance Program
- A whole host of flexible benefits to include childcare vouchers, travel insurance, and dental care.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to either hold or be eligible to achieve SC clearance. As a result, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years. We will provide assistance transferring your clearance, as well as, pay a high level clearance bonus.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We can accommodate flexible working arrangements, and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs