Due to continued growth, we are now recruiting for a Communications Algorithms Engineer to join the Array Processing group at Roke Manor. This is a world centre of excellence, having pioneered many new and ground-breaking technologies over the last 60 years, in domains such as electronic warfare, radar systems, navigation systems, and communications systems. We provide essential capabilities into the defence, national security and commercial sectors.
As part of Roke’s wider Communications & Sensing team, you will have the opportunity to work on a very wide range of projects from fundamental research, to consultancy, to bespoke electronic system design, whilst benefitting from a competitive salary and a stunning work location.
What will your role look like?
Primary Job Purpose:
- Contribute to the design, development, integration, and testing of hardware and software solutions
- Research and development of new algorithms or implementations
- Contribute expertise across a broad range of projects
- Develop innovative and cutting-edge solutions
- Responsible to Project Design Authority and Project Manager
- Undertaking engineering development tasks to time, budget and quality
- Providing estimates of complexity and identifying risks
- Engaging with other technical experts
What would we like from you?
- Minimum 2:1 degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. electronics, physics, maths)
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have 1 to 2 years’ experience in at least two of the following disciplines:
- Signal processing
- Antenna arrays
- FPGA or digital ASIC design using VHDL
- Mathematical modelling, for example using Matlab
- Embedded software development
- Digital circuit and board design
- RF design
- Antenna design
Some knowledge of one or more of the following domains would be beneficial:
- Electronic warfare
- GPS and GNSS
- Signals intelligence
Where will you be based?
Your work will typically be located at Roke's site in Romsey, with occasional travel to customer sites. There exists the possibility for you to work on secondment with one of our prestigious customers, should you wish.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be eligible to achieve a minimum of SC clearance. As a result, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years. We will provide assistance transferring your clearance, as well as, pay a high level clearance bonus.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We can accommodate flexible working arrangements, and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.