We are looking for inquisitive, dedicated and tenacious Cyber Software Engineers to work on full lifecycle development from analysis, through development and testing to delivery of specialised cyber capabilities. Your customer requirements will be highly varied, often requiring bespoke solutions to challenging problems over a wide range of projects, ensuring that your work is always diverse and interesting.
You’ll relish being part of a stimulating, collaborative and driven team that offers you the autonomy, mastery and purpose that you need to succeed. Depending on the project, there will be the opportunity to demonstrate technology to customers and support customer test and acceptance.
We’re looking for someone who takes real pride in developing high quality software, frequently developed in a multi-platform environment. The projects will often require you to draw on a broad base and knowledge of system level computer operations and architecture as well as application level programming to create solutions that operate within limitations imposed by system characteristics.
You will be developing both embedded and application level software. With your level of experience you will also be providing technical leadership to other more junior members of the team. Consequently you will be interacting with stakeholders during the development cycle.
- C, Python.
- System level programming in Unix / Linux / Mac OS X.
- Application level programming on Linux/Windows
- Computer and Network security.
- Good software engineering skills (development practice, use of standard tools and documented design).
- Full development lifecycle
- Team working, technical team leading and oral/written communication
- Taking pride in developing high quality software to solve hard problems.
- Degree qualified in Computer Science, Information Security or similar.
- C++ and other languages.
- Device driver and kernel level programming in Unix like OS’s.
- Embedded and real time Linux (including Android) and Microsoft Windows.
- System administration / Dev Ops.
- Appreciation of IP networking and network applications (especially security).
Due to the nature of this position, candidates must either hold current SIA DV Clearance or be eligible to achieve DV clearance. As a result, candidates should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 10 years. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including bonus scheme, private medical insurance and pension, along with a whole host of flexible benefits to include childcare vouchers, travel insurance and dental care. Roke Manor Research Ltd is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity.