We are looking for an engineer to join our computer vision and autonomy team. The team has an extensive history and reputation for computer vision and data analytics for a wide variety of exciting applications in military, industrial and transport sectors. In addition to this, the team is extensively involved in developing technologies for unmanned systems.
We deliver advanced research, development services and products and is a vendor neutral supplier, picking the most appropriate technologies to achieve the required performance and capabilities. We are seeking highly motivated and knowledgeable staff, although when you are working across groundbreaking projects it is rare that you will have nothing new to learn.
Other highlights have included the development of the Hawkeye system for televised sporting events. The role will involve working with and developing new technologies to meet demanding customer requirements across a wide range of sectors.
What will your role look like?
- Understanding of customer requirements and development of novel solutions
- Development of vision processing and AI algorithms
- Technical leadership on a large variety of projects
- Writing of white papers and technical reports
- Development of new business opportunities and funding sources.
What do we expect from you?
- Strong mathematical foundation and experience in developing vision processing and AI algorithms
- Proven track record in computer vision including publications in refereed journals
- Software development experience using C, C++ and/or Python
- Experience in managing a team of researchers or engineers
What additional skills would we like?
- Experience of 3D vision systems
- Experience or knowledge data fusion
- Knowledge of other sensor systems including acoustic or RF sensors
- Degree in Mathematics, Physics, or Computer Science + post-degree experience in Computer Vision, Machine Learning or closely related area of research.
Why should you work with us?
We offer you a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- A substantial performance related bonus scheme, which we accompany with a clearly defined and fair review process.
- Company funded private medical insurance, for you and your family, in addition to a contributory pension that will allow you to effectively save for the future.
- Employee assistance program
- A whole host of flexible benefits to include childcare vouchers, travel insurance, and dental care.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to either hold or be eligible to achieve SC clearance. As a result, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years. We will provide assistance transferring your clearance, as well as, pay a high level clearance bonus.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We can accommodate flexible working arrangements, and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.