We are looking for experienced Business Analysts with proven track records in eliciting requirements and supporting the development/procurement of cutting edge services in both waterfall and agile methodologies. These roles are required to support our National Security, Commercial and Defence clients.
We have a wide range of opportunities, so your role will vary depending on your existing experience, our clients’ needs and your aspirations. This role will expand your abilities through working alongside our wealth of specialists including other business analysts, architects, data scientists and software engineers on various projects, from rapidly prototyped research right through to high grade enterprise systems.
Roke delivers advanced research, development services and products and is a vendor neutral supplier picking the most appropriate technologies to achieve the required performance and capabilities. Roke staffs its teams with the most appropriate individuals, although it’s rare to have nothing new to learn on a project so an enthusiasm to learn and adapt to new technical challenges is vital for this role.
Many of our projects are highly creative, so we are looking for individuals who have the ability to think around and propose solutions to problems. All our analysts need to communicate to a high standard and work effectively in multi-skilled teams, so good written and verbal communication skills are fundamental.
What will your role look like?
You will be involved in some of the most cutting edge and complex technology programmes within one or more of our client-side teams. If you have the experience, you could also provide technical leadership to junior members of staff and interacting with stakeholders during the programme lifecycle.
The business analysis role is a key role in helping our clients understand their stakeholders, elicit requirements and help craft the services they deliver to meet their needs. Other tasks you will undertake include requirements elicitation and structuring, engaging with technical and non-technical partners daily, business process modelling, generation of evidence to support business change including Business Cases, support to change implementation and continuous business improvement.
This will require a significant amount of time being spent at client sites predominantly in London but may also include Cheltenham and Gloucester, although it is expected that you will spend some time initially at our Romsey site in Hampshire whilst becoming familiar with Roke and its ways of working.
What do we need from you?
- You will be highly motivated and ideally hold a degree qualification in a relevant science, engineering or technical based discipline. Alternatively you will have similar experience/education to an equivalent level.
- You will have business analysis and architecture expertise; however, as this is such a broad area we would consider experience in a subset of any of the following:
- Requirements elicitation & management
- Support Business Architecture Definition & Analysis
- Aligning Technological Approaches with Business and Customer Goals, identifying Benefits and Risk Mitigation approaches
- Development of options and evidence for Business Cases
- Stakeholder Engagement and Management
- Agile methodology (e.g. SCRUM, DSDM, SaFE)
- You will be comfortable working side by side with product managers, designers, and clients, making decisions together in order to quickly deliver valuable working solutions to our clients and their users.
- You enjoy growing your skills and those of your team and you regularly learn about new technologies. Most importantly, you judge your achievements by the success and happiness of your team and its customers.
- As an effective communicator you will have experience consulting or teaching and enjoy mentoring junior developers
Roke also operates in the fields of network communications, network connectivity, autonomy and cyber and your familiarity with underpinning concepts in one or more of these areas would be beneficial.
What we can offer you?
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including bonus scheme, private medical insurance employee assistance program and pension, along with a whole host of flexible benefits to include childcare vouchers, flexi-leave, travel insurance and dental care.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to either hold or be eligible to achieve SC and or DV clearance. As a result, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years for SC and 10 years for DV. We will provide assistance transferring your clearance, as well as, pay a high level clearance bonus.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, innovative and inclusive. We can accommodate flexible working arrangements, and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.