We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join Roke and be part of a fantastic opportunity shaping the future of the UK MOD’s Tactical Land domain. The role requires experience in systems engineering assurance with general application expertise. You will provide design & integration and test assurance and acceptance, actively engaged with suppliers and review of deliverables across multiple MORPHEUS program projects.
What will your role look like?
Your primary responsibility as part of the BATCIS Engineering Team will be establishing and providing technical assurance over the development and delivery of the Battlefield Management Application. Day to day you will engage with 3rd party suppliers to technically assure the integration into the wider EvO System as well as progressive assurance. You will support the wider JPO (Joint Programme Office) in maturing its business process library by providing input from experience and expertise in the domain Applications. This role extends to the wider team to provide technical expertise, guidance and assurance to wider applications within the Morpheus System boundary as well as directly to the Army IAS Apps team from Field Army in AHQ. You will have the opportunity to work on client site across Bristol, Oakdale, Chippenham and Andover and with occasional international travel to Israel and possibly Canada.
What do we need from you?
- Soft skills (communication and articulation)
- Experience with virtualisation technologies.
- Experience of UML.
- Systems Engineering.
- Applications Design and Development experience.
- Application and Service hosting
- Land Tactical Communication Information Systems
- Specific role requirements:
- Open to regular domestic and occasional international travel
- Initially this role will be based in Bristol however longer term the role will be from Gloucester or Romsey.
- Opportunity to occasionally work from home
What else would we like?
- Some desirable skills or experience includes:
- SAFe & Agile
- Whole developer life-cycle
- Geospatial systems
- Land platform and vehicle systems
Some desirable domain knowledge includes:
- Battlefield Management
- Mission planning and operation
Why should you work with us?
We offer you a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- A substantial performance related bonus scheme, which we accompany with a clearly defined and fair review process.
- 25 days holiday per annum with the option to accrue up to a further 8 days flexi-leave.
- Company funded private medical insurance, for you and your family, in addition to a contributory pension that will allow you to effectively save for the future.
- Company shares/saving scheme
- Employee assistance program.
- A whole host of flexible benefits including childcare vouchers, travel insurance, and dental care.
- Higher level clearance bonus.
SC - Due to the nature of the work associated with this position, we require you to hold or be eligible to achieve UKSV Security Clearance. As a result, you should be a British Citizen and/or meet the residency requirements and have resided in the UK for the last 10 years.
If you already hold DV or SC clearance we will provide assistance in transferring this, if you do not hold clearance we will help you through the clearance process. We also pay a bonus for those already holding or willing to attain a higher level clearance.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We can accommodate flexible working arrangements, and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.