We have an exciting and interesting opportunity to join Roke as a Communications Information Systems (CIS) Future Technology Subject Matter Expert (SME). At Roke, you will have the opportunity to help deliver a broad range of complex and challenging technical programmes within a dynamic and rewarding environment.
You will work closely alongside our Defence clients to ensure that innovative and effective solutions are developed for the UK armed forces.
Roke provides technology innovation and consultancy to a variety of military users and we are seeking talented engineers to support our growing team of specialists within Future Deployed Tactical CIS projects.
What will your role look like?
You will be a key participant in the design and delivery of a variety of strategic CIS programmes and business-critical initiatives, more specifically producing technical performance specifications.
Your remit would also cover large-scale engagements where change and evolution of services contribute to this fascinating, and demanding environment.
- Delivering a bi-annual research summary and technology report making recommendations for technical feasibility and/or option trade studies
- Creating, managing and maintaining the Technology Readiness Level Reports;
- Creating, managing and maintaining the Technology Assurance Product Report;
- Creating, managing and maintaining the Further Technology Readiness documentation and material as required by the Authority;
- Engaging with military sponsors, industry and the research community
- Acting as the point of contact into military experimentation activities for the joint MOD/Industry design organisation
- Acting as the point of contact for relevant Industry research programmes for the joint MOD/Industry design organisation
- Helping upskill the Authority’s personnel in relation to Technology Readiness activities
What do we expect from you?
You should have technical and general competencies in the following:
- Expert knowledge in developing and/or analysing technology roadmaps
- Familiarity with Technology Horizon Scanning techniques
- A proven track record in stakeholder engagement, both internal and external
- Knowledge and understanding of Military CIS within the military deployed tactical environment
- Knowledge of watch, tracking, and assessment of technologies relevant to Military CIS
- The ability to work either independently or as part of a team and under pressure, whilst prioritising the work effectively
- Interpersonal and communication skills
You will ideally be degree qualified (2.1 or above) in a related subject or have the equivalent in relevant engineering, scientific or technical-based experience.
What can we offer in return?
- A competitive salary and benefits package, including bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum plus the option to bank up to a further 8 days flexi-leave
- Flexible working
- Private medical insurance and pension,
- A whole host of flexible benefits such as travel insurance and dental care.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to either hold or be eligible to achieve SC and or DV clearance. As a result, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years for SC and 10 years for DV. We will provide assistance transferring your clearance, as well as, pay a high level clearance bonus.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, innovative and inclusive. We can accommodate flexible working arrangements; support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.