As a Decision Support Analyst within Roke you will have the opportunity to help deliver a broad range of complex and challenging technical programmes within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will work closely alongside our defence clients to ensure that innovative and effective solutions are developed for the UK armed forces.
Roke provides technology innovation and consultancy to a variety of military users and are seeking talented analysts to support our growing team of specialists working on exciting projects such as future military communication systems.
What will your role look like?
As a Decision Support Analyst you will have a key role in gathering evidence to support procurement decisions within Defence. This could range from quantitative modelling, through to facilitated workshops with stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts. You will also be expected to contribute to:
- Working within a broader team to solve a variety of 'hands on' technical challenges, using a range of techniques from soft to hard analytical methods
- Problem structuring, designing and implementing assessment frameworks and linking these to data generation activities involving a variety of tools, techniques, models and methods
- Technical Leadership and delivery of smaller pieces of work under broader technical direction, including supporting the generation and delivery of reports, presentations and briefing packs
- Being involved in delivering multiple projects across a range of clients
- Building client relationships and supporting bidding activities to win new business
- Sharing your skills and knowledge with colleagues and clients
What do we expect from you?
- A minimum of 2:1 bachelor's degree in Maths, Physics, Economics or other related discipline
- Experience of undertaking analytical projects and offering advice and guidance to customers
- Some experience of using a range of analytical techniques which could include workshop facilitation, numerical modelling, qualitative analysis and technology assessment
- The ability to solve complex problems using a logical approach
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to summarise, write and deliver clear and concise technical documents
- Ability to develop and maintain customer and stakeholder relationships
- Understanding of the military operational environment
- Some experience in a Customer facing role
What can we offer in return?
We offer you a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- A substantial performance related bonus scheme, which we accompany with a clearly defined and fair review process.
- Company funded private medical insurance, for you and your family, an employee assistance program and a contributory pension that will enable you to effectively save for the future.
- A whole host of flexible benefits to include childcare vouchers, travel insurance and dental care.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to either hold or be eligible to achieve SC and or DV clearance. As a result, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years for SC and 10 years for DV. We will provide assistance transferring your clearance, as well as, pay a high level clearance bonus.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, innovative and inclusive. We can accommodate flexible working arrangements; support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.