Commercial Lead - Advisory Services
Roke have a new and exciting opportunity to join the Advisory Services arm of the business as the Commercial Lead, this role will report directly to the Head of Advisory Services and will work as part of the Advisory Services Leadership Team. The Commercial Lead will work to deliver the objectives of the Advisory Services business within the business unit. Aligning with Key Account and Project Managers to drive sales & delivery forward within the BU and working with the Advisory Services Practice Area Lead (PAL) and Business Area Lead (BAL) to develop core capability and value propositions.
- Advisory Services sales within the business unit.
- Work with Key Account Managers (KAMs) to identify sales opportunities and manage the Advisory Services pipeline & forecast.
- Develop & report on Advisory Services sales pipeline in the business unit, including making sure the project forecasting system is accurate.
- Provide input to bids within the Business Unit (BU).
- Work with KAM's to develop & maintain up to date sales plan, including. stakeholder engagement plans.
- Identify and develop value propositions within market area by working closely with the BAL.
- Work with Project Managers & Advisory Services Business Area Lead to ensure all projects are thoroughly documented as case studies.
- Ensure Roke is on appropriate commercial frameworks.
Advisory Services Delivery within BU (Delivery)
- Agree scope, approach and resource requirements for bids.
- Work with Resource Management Team to ensure suitable resources are available and deployed on to projects.
- Oversee and assure all business unit Advisory Services project delivery, in line with Head of Delivery’s framework.
- Lead Advisory Services delivery, as appropriate.
- Leadership for Advisory Services Staff (People Development).
- Top reporting line (point of escalation) for Advisory Services staff within the business unit.
- Ensure appropriate project objectives are in place for all Advisory Services staff.
- Represent Advisory Services staff through the PDR (performance development review) process, including drafting PDR responses on behalf and as directed by the Business Unit Lead.
- Work with KAM’s, identify the requirement for recruitment and upskilling of Advisory Services staff within the BU.
- Working with Advisory Services PAL, contribute to, and ensure staff within the BU are contributing to the development of new approaches, methods & tools.
- Working with Advisory Services BAL, contribute to the identification of new value propositions and development / exploitation of existing ones for the benefit of customers within the BU.
- Support the monthly Advisory Services forums by preparing content, delivering core skills training, facilitating & encouraging participation from the Advisory Services community.
Candidates will need to have previous proven experience in a similar role, relevant domain knowledge and excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
Due to the nature of this position, candidates must be willing to undergo, and eligible to achieve HMG security clearance (prior to appointment). As a result, candidates should ideally be a British Citizen however you can hold another nationality and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including bonus scheme, private medical insurance and pension, along with a whole host of flexible benefits to include childcare vouchers, travel insurance and dental care. Roke Manor Research Ltd is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity.