Scottish Canals is looking for Destination Assistants to join our friendly catering team at The Falkirk Wheel.
We are looking for passionate, enthusiastic, and motivated individuals to join our team and work with us over our Spring to Autumn 2022 season.
If you’re interested in tourism, travel, events, food & drink, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you. We have casual contracts available with a degree of flexibility around working patterns and hours.
Our pace, personality and people make us amongst Scotland’s top visitor attractions. From welcoming thousands of international visitors, serving customers and creating memorable experiences, our Destination Assistants enjoy a wide range of fun and exciting responsibilities.
You will assist customers with purchases, supply information, keep our attractions looking their best and help to ensure our visitors have a 5-star trip to remember. The role will involve customer service, cash handling, replenishment of the gift shop, and the preparation of food and drink.
To be successful you will have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A real enjoyment for dealing with the public
- A confident, friendly, welcoming, helpful, engaging nature
- The ability to deliver a professional service to customers
- The drive to work across various disciplines (gift shop, café, tourism, events etc.)
- Good time management and organisational skills
- The ability to work well under pressure
- A sense of own initiative with the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- A flexible approach to the role