Scottish Canals is looking for Boat Crew to join our friendly team at The Falkirk Wheel.
We are looking for passionate, enthusiastic, and motivated individuals to join our team and work with us over our Spring to Autumn 2022 season.
If you’re interested in boating and working at one of Scotland's top visitor attractions, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you. The boat crew are front line customer service staff, welcoming visitors and leading them through The Falkirk Wheel boat trip experience.
We have seasonal and casual contracts available with a degree of flexibility around working patterns and hours.
Our pace, personality and people make us amongst Scotland’s top visitor attractions. From welcoming thousands of international visitors, serving customers and creating memorable experiences.
To be successful you will have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A real enjoyment for dealing with the public
- A confident, friendly, welcoming, helpful, engaging nature
- The ability to deliver a professional service to customers
- Comfortable dealing with an audience of visitors; including presenting to an audience
- Good time management and organisational skills
- The ability to work well under pressure
- A sense of own initiative with the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- A flexible approach to the role
- Boat handling experience would be an advantage but not essential