We are currently recruiting for an ICT Support Specialist who will have shared responsibility for ICT systems support within Scottish Canals. The successful candidate will provide 1st line technical support and ICT project delivery whilst maintaining a professional, efficient and effective service throughout. Support will require face to face engagement, remote communication, and a high level of customer service at all times.
- Provide application and end device support to Scottish Canal’s users.
- Ensure incidents and requests are logged appropriately in the Service Management tool and that the quality of information entered is of a high standard.
- Create and update appropriate documentation and configuration management records.
- Work with the wider ICT team to maintain and improve the cyber resilience of Scottish Canals.
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of ICT business information.
- Assume active and ongoing involvement in personal and technical development.
- Resolve incidents and requests within the Service Desk SLA’s.
- Previous experience in a similar 1st line / customer-facing role would be preferred.
- An understanding of support processes and the use of incident management tools.
- A good understanding of what baseline information security looks like, particularly within a corporate environment.
- Experience of the following is desirable:
- Windows operating systems.
- Microsoft 365 & Microsoft Office applications.
- Laptop, desktop and mobile troubleshooting
- Networking and troubleshooting techniques
- Traditional and VOIP telephony systems.
- Mobile device management solutions.
- Writing process documents and user training guides.
- ITIL v3 (Foundation level).
- Organised and with great attention to detail - takes pride in the quality of their work.
- Must be able to work in a highly pressurised environment and have multi-tasking capabilities.
- A clear and effective communicator.
- Readily takes ownership and accountability for issues.
- Self-motivating and able to work under own initiative.
- A willingness to go the extra mile to achieve a complete solution.
- Good listener with the ability to apply the knowledge gained effectively.
- Good overall grounding in ICT with interest in keeping up to date with new technologies and products.
The role is offered on a permanent contract and attracts a salary of £20500. Scottish Canals operates a hybrid working, with the role based initially at our Glasgow office for two days a week and working from home three days a week. Hours of work are 37.5 per week, typically 8.30 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday.
Occasional travel to our regional offices throughout Scotland will be required, therefore a driving licence is required.
Scottish Canals offers a generous annual leave entitlement of 34 days, rising to 39 days after five years of continuous service (including public holidays). Additional benefits include enhanced company sick pay, discounted shopping vouchers and a contributory pension scheme with up to 10% employer contribution.