Southern Housing Group are looking for a Associate Finance Business Partner, who will join an exciting and dynamic team, within a growing and forward thinking organisation.
Working within the Finance team, the Associate Finance Business Partner will be responsible for supporting the Finance Business Partnering team in providing a professional and comprehensive business partnering service to internal stakeholders.
Are you from a Management Accounting or Financial Accounting background, or just looking to take the next step in your finance career? We are currently looking for an Associate Finance Business Partner to join our team for a 12 month fixed term contract.
Through supporting the Business Partnering team, we are looking for an individual who is keen to develop and learn with a long term ambition of moving into a full Business Partnering role. This role is a great all round role, with a lot of variety, allowing the successful candidate the opportunity to learn about each area of the business and working with a team of experienced Business Partner’s there will be a great deal of development opportunities.
You will be required to undertake routine month end tasks, adhoc analysis, reporting and validation of reports, exposure to project accounting and to generally provide support to the Business partnering team as and when required.
This role is located at our Horsham office in West Sussex with occasional travel to other offices required. Please note that you will be expected to work at home over the coming weeks/months due to the current Covid 19 guidelines.
Required Skills & Experience
You will have the ability to apply service charge knowledge in order to ensure that costs are recovered correctly and accurately from our customers via the service charge process.
- Professional or part qualification in accounting (AAT/ACA/CIMA/ACCA/CIPFA)
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
- You will demonstrate excellent attention to detail with the ability to prioritise and multi task
- Great team player
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
There is an opportunity to include a cover letter with your application. Please utilise this to provide additional information on why you are the best candidate for this role.
What we’ll offer you
- A very competitive salary of circa £35,000 per annum pro rata, depending on experience
- 23 days holidays annually, plus public holidays. We also close between Christmas and New Year, so you get another 3 days bonus!
- The ability to carry over annual leave and buy extra leave
- Flexible working
- A great pension scheme
- Access to various discount cards
- Cash claim-back on medical treatments
- Employee referral scheme
- Travel to work loan
- Discounted rates on a cycle scheme, personal medical plans, life assurance, give as you earn, critical illness and travel insurance
- As an employer, we offer flexible working options to our colleagues as we recognise the importance of a good work/life balance
- More information can be found on our careers page – https://www.shgroup.org.uk/about-us/build-your-career-with-us/
Why work for Southern Housing Group?
- What we do – We're a charitable business with social objectives, and customer service is at the heart of our business. We're proud of our reputation as a financially strong, stable, and independent housing provider. Every penny we make is reinvested in new homes, improving our services, and helping transform people’s lives.
- What we offer – We offer career progression, competitive salaries, and excellent benefits. We support and train our staff to excel as they develop their careers.
- Diversity & Inclusion – Southern Housing Group is an equal opportunities employer and seeks to employ a workforce which reflects the diverse community at large. Please note that in order to be considered for these opportunities you must have the right to work in the UK. Our roles may require travel between our various offices.
- Values – We are a values led organisation, and our principles resonate throughout the heartbeat of the company. Our values are Working Together, Getting Things Done and Doing the Right Thing.
Southern Housing Group is one of the largest housing associations in southern England and has a well-established reputation as a successful business with social objectives. The Group provides a housing management service to a range of tenures including social rent, affordable rent, shared ownership and outright sales.
We provide housing services to more than 70,000 customers who live in our almost 30,000 properties. With circa 1,000 employees, we’re an organisation that’s going places.
We are a member of the G15, which represents London's 15 largest housing associations. The G15 houses one in ten Londoners and builds a quarter of London's new homes.
Southern Housing Group won the “Housing Association of the Year” award at the WhatHouse? Awards 2018. The Group also won the award for “2018 Best Large Development” at the National Housing Awards for our development at Bow River Village.
Closing Date: Sunday 24th January 2020
Please be aware that due to the nature and sensitivity of some of our roles we are not always able to consider applications from Southern Housing Group residents.
Southern Housing Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note that colleagues who are at risk of redundancy due to the current business reviews will be given priority consideration for this role. Applications from colleagues who are not at risk will be considered if there are no expressions of interest from ‘at risk’ colleagues.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every application. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, please assume that your application has not been progressed. After this period of time, we will delete all your personal information. We thank you for your interest in working at Southern Housing Group.