We are looking for a Building Safety Manager to join our team. You will join us on a full time permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary.
As a Building Safety Manager, you will specifying and inspecting works with regards to fire safety, in all buildings controlled by the Group especially those designated high risk. This experience should have been gained within the building and maintenance sector and be confirmed with qualifications and membership of a professional body, knowledge of other property compliance regulations is also a pre-requisite. You will also effectively and proactively lead, manage and motivate the team ensuring that there is a culture of high performance, strong engagement and a commitment to continual improvement.
This role can be based from our Horsham, Farringdon or Maidstone offices with regular travel between our offices and hubs and so it is a necessity that you hold a valid driving license. Some of the Group are currently working remotely, so we would expect the right candidate to be flexible and agile in their approach to working.
You will work 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
What we need from you:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven time management and prioritization skills.
- Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity
- Extensive experience and training in Microsoft Office, Keystone and housing management programmes.
- Proven ability to understand fire risk assessments and compliance with building fire safety.
- Understanding of B.I.M. protocol, building safety information and how these can be combined in a safety file.
- Previous experience within social housing in a similar role.
- NEBOSH fire or equivalent
- Membership of a professional body (IFE, FPA, IFSM)
- Building Surveyor background an advantage.
What we'll offer you
- A salary of circa £48,000 per annum
- 23 days holidays plus public holidays, increasing with length of service
- The ability to carry over annual leave, buy extra leave and sell excess leave!
- Flexible working and a great work-life balance
- A generous pension scheme
- Access to various discount cards & cash claim-back on medical treatments
- Employee referral scheme
- Travel to work loan
- Discounted rates on a cycle scheme, personal medical plans, life assurance, give as you earn, critical illness and travel insurance plus much more!
As a Disability Confident employer with disabled-friendly offices and remote working opportunities, we actively encourage everyone to come and work for us, regardless of any form of disability. As such, we’ll happily make any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process to help you, should you need it. If you need additional support with your application due a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help.
There’s never been a better time to join Southern Housing Group. Our customers come from all walks of life, and so do our colleagues. We actively encourage applications from people of any background who can bring an array of experience, skills and culture to our business, making us stronger and united. We celebrate our diversity and offer a safe environment where you can feel comfortable to truly be yourself. We’re proud to be part of various networks including BAME, The Women’s Network, PRISM – we’re also a Stonewall Diversity Champion, allowing those from within the LGBTQA+ community to feel empowered to express themselves freely without prejudice.
Please be aware that due to the nature and sensitivity of some of our roles we are not always able to consider applications from Southern Housing Group residents. We would not normally appoint residents to roles which cover the estate or properties which they live in. We want to ensure our staff have a good work/life balance. Please note that additional residential checks will be completed before an offer is made.
Please note that colleagues who are at risk of redundancy due to the current business reviews will be given priority consideration for this role. Applications from colleagues who are not at risk will be considered if there are no expressions of interest from ‘at risk’ colleagues.