Are you flexible, adaptable with a strong customer focus? If so, you may be interested in our opening for Senior Development Manager.
As the Senior Development Manager, you’ll be responsible for a portfolio of development projects, managing the delivery of schemes from feasibility through to completion. You will appoint and manage the project team to gain planning permission, and manage schemes through construction and handover to the business. You will need great project management skills, to ensure that your projects are delivered within agreed parameters and in line with Group growth targets..
Quality is really important to us, and it is essential that you have a strong understanding of what makes a good quality home and the ability to deliver this through design and construction. You will be able to work closely with a range of stakeholders and excellent communication skills are essential.
This is a full-time, permanent role for 35 hours per week worked Monday to Friday, 7 hours per day.
You’ll be based at either our modern, vibrant office in the heart of the historic Horsham town; being a convenient location which is close to a selection of shops, bars and restaurants and just a 5 minute walk from the train station (we also have limited on-site parking plus public car parks close by) OR Farringdon, the buzzing yet cultural area of London which is centrally located and easy to access via various means of transport. However, we offer the flexibility for agile working to allow you to work from home and so we’ll provide you with the necessary mobile working equipment.
The ideal candidate will have
- Experience of managing a portfolio of mixed-tenure schemes from feasibility through to completion
- Experience in leading project teams to achieve high quality developments and maximising value through design and construction
- Great communication skills, including presentation and report-writing
- Good understanding of risks associated with capital development, and appropriate mitigation strategies
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and ability to engage with a variety of audiences
- Experience of negotiating and managing Joint Ventures
Please upload a cover letter as part of your application to provide additional information on how you meet the criteria as set out in the person specification, and why you are the best candidate for this role.
Our package includes
- A salary of circa £60,000 to £70,000 per year, depending on skills/experience
- 23 days holidays (plus public holidays) and as we close between Christmas and New Year, we give you another 3 days!
- The chance to buy additional leave
- £250 in vouchers as part of our colleague referral scheme
- Ongoing support for your wellbeing
- An inclusive environment where it’s OK to be you!
- Flexible benefits with some really exciting options which you can find out more about here!
Our customers come from all walks of life, and so do our colleagues. We actively encourage applications from people of any background who can bring an array of experience, skills and culture to our business, making us stronger and united. We celebrate our diversity and offer a safe environment where you can feel comfortable to truly be yourself. We’re proud to be part of various networks including BAME, The Women’s Network, PRISM – we’re also a Stonewall Diversity Champion, allowing those from within the LGBTQA+ community to feel empowered to express themselves freely without prejudice.
Closing Date: 15th February
Interview Date: week commencing 21st February at our Fleet House, London Office
As a Disability Confident employer with disabled-friendly offices and remote working opportunities, we actively encourage everyone to come and work for us, regardless of any form of disability. As such, we’ll happily make any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process to help you, should you need it. If you need additional support with your application due a disability, please contact us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help.
Please be aware that due to the nature and sensitivity of some of our roles we are not always able to consider applications from Southern Housing Group residents. We would not normally appoint residents to roles which cover the estate or properties which they live in. We want to ensure our colleagues have a good work/life balance. Please note that additional residential checks will be completed before an offer is made.
Southern Housing Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note that colleagues who are at risk of redundancy due to the current business reviews will be given priority consideration for this role. Applications from colleagues who are not at risk will be considered if there are no expressions of interest from ‘at risk’ colleagues.