An opportunity has arisen for a Lift Service Engineer to join our Glasgow Service Branch, covering a service route across Aberdeen, Inverness, Elgin, Dundee and including the Shetland Islands.
As a Lift Service Engineer, you will be responsible for servicing and maintenance, call outs and minor repairs of all types of Industrial Lifts.
You will have a comprehensive engineering background with the ability to carry out minor repairs on various passenger and goods lifts from various manufactures. You must have excellent mechanical and electrical knowledge and traction and hydraulic experience, with well developed customer service skills. It is essential that all our Engineers, project the friendly, professional image by which we are known, therefore, excellent communication skills and a smart appearance are as vital as technical competence.
Your working week will be 39 hours with call out at 1 in 3. A vehicle is provided with the role, therefore a valid driving licence is essential.
- Attend maintenance visits vertical lifts
- Carry out effective risk assessments
- Completion of site log cards
- Ensure a high standard of quality and delivery of service
- Mentor and coach Apprentices as and when required.
- Attend maintenance and call out visits on lifts
- Carry out minor repair work.
- Participate in our 24 hr call out rota covering the whole of our region.
- Manage your own service route with minimum of supervision, in line with service productivity targets.
- NVQ level 3 in Lift Engineering or equivalent is essential.
- Proven experience in the maintenance and minor repair on a range of electrical, mechanical or electronic equipment, in the customers environment.
- Some experience of computer or PDA use is essential, as you will be required to log all calls and access customer and equipment information.
We are a company who are pioneers of forward thinking, we never forget that vital to our success is the amazing people who work for us and the commitment we have to our customers. We have carefully selected following benefits which complement our employees lifestyles
- 25 days holiday + the option to purchase another 5 days + additional long service holiday
- Company Benefits Discount/ Rewards Scheme- including cinema discounts, annual free flu jab, discounted hotel and theme park stays and discounts off many high street shops.
- Quarterly Bonus (based on company profits)
- Subsidised Pension
- Health Cash Plan covering routine treatment and prescriptions
- Employee Assistance Programme (Occupational Health)
- Company Vehicle