We have a fantastic opportunity for a Lift Tester Technician to join our Major Projects Team, covering projects across the South of England. We are looking for Technical Lift Engineers who hold or partially hold their NVQ Level 4 in Lift Engineering and have solid experience of working within a Technical capacity on all types of Industrial Lifts.
The Engineer will be supporting our Infrastructure clients with testing and commissioning of lifts and providing engineering expertise in the installation maintenance, refurbishment and repair of industrial lifts, escalators and associated equipment, including commissioning and testing products to industry and kite mark standards
Ideal candidates will be effective communicators able to support the Installation Engineers across the area, using their knowledge and experience to complete technical assessments; commissioning and testing to industry standards, determining any faults to provide resolution, along with process and cost reporting.
This position offers a competitive salary with a 39hr working week. Although predominantly based in and around London the role will require extensive travel across the South as well as nationally as and when business requires.
- Testing and commissioning all types of lift
- Day to day site supervision of lift removals, installations and refurbishments
- Monitoring site safety, quality, compliance with specification and measuring performance of sub- contractors
- Dealing with site technical queries
- Procurement of materials
- Liaising with clients’ representatives as required
- Carrying out site surveys
- Submitting regular progress reports
- To be involved in the Continuous Professional Development of other engineers, by training and assisting others in addressing complex engineering problems.
- To deputise for the Field Services Manager or others when appropriate
- NVQ4 credits preferred or equivalent relevant engineering qualification in in Testing and Commissioning
- Skilled Lift Engineer
- Supervisor Training SSTS
- CSCS Lift Installation and Testing
- IOSH Managing Safely
- First Aid (Full 4 day course)
- Must have good understanding of PUWER; LOLER; MD; LD; Managing Safely and R.A. techniques.
We are a company who are pioneers of forward thinking, we never forget that vital to our success is the amazing people who work for us and the commitment we have to our customers. We have carefully selected following benefits which complement our employees lifestyles
- 25 days holiday + the option to purchase another 5 days + additional long service holiday
- Company Benefits Discount/ Rewards Scheme- including cinema discounts, annual free flu jab, discounted hotel and theme park stays and discounts off many high street shops.
- Quarterly Bonus (based on company profits)
- Subsidised Pension
- Health Cash Plan covering routine treatment and prescriptions
- Employee Assistance Programme (Occupational Health)
- Company Vehicle