We have a fantastic opportunity for a Technical Lift Engineer to join our Christchurch Service Branch, to support to the engineers within the branch. We are looking for Engineers who hold, or are working towards their NVQ Level 4 in Lift Engineering, and have solid experience of working within a technical, installation or repair capacity on all types of Industrial Lifts.
Reporting to the Branch Manager the Technical Lift Engineer will provide support to the Service Manager and Field Service Managers, using their knowledge and experience to complete technical assessments; determining any faults to provide resolution, along with process and cost reporting. In addition to this they will support the Field Service Managers in training and developing a team of Field Based Engineers.
Stannah is a British family owned company, the fifth generation play a hands-on role in running the business, ensuring the family ethos and values are maintained. Our salaries, benefits packages and supporting working environments attract the best people who strive to offer quality and dedication within their work
The Technical Lift Engineers position offers a competitive salary with a 39hr working week, and comes with a company vehicle, mobile phone and laptop.
- Investigation reports
- Day to day site supervision of lift removals, installations and refurbishments
- Monitoring site safety, quality, compliance with specification and measuring performance of sub- contractors
- Dealing with site technical queries
- Procurement of materials
- Liaising with clients’ representatives as required
- Carrying out site surveys
- Submitting regular progress reports
- To be involved in the Continuous Professional Development of other engineers, by training and assisting others in addressing complex engineering problems.
- To deputise for the Field Services Manager or others when appropriate
- NVQ4 credits preferred or equivalent relevant engineering qualification
- Carry out thorough examinations as required by LOLER. Test lifts to BS 8486.
- A good understanding of PUWER, LOLER, MD, LD, MANAGING SAFELY,R.A. techniques
We are a company who are pioneers of forward thinking, we never forget that vital to our success is the amazing people who work for us and the commitment we have to our customers. We have carefully selected following benefits which complement our employees lifestyles
- 25 days holiday + the option to purchase another 5 days
- Company Benefits Discount/ Rewards Scheme- including cinema discounts, annual free flu jab, discounted hotel and theme park stays and discounts off many high street shops
- Quarterly Bonus (based on based on company profits)
- Subsidised Pension
- Simply Health Cash Plan- covering routine treatment and prescriptions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A vehicle will be provided so a valid driving licence is essential.
- Competitive Salary