We are recruiting for a Sheet Metal Operative to work within our Lifts Team and Anton Mill in Andover. The role will involve the production of lift parts or spares modules to specific customer requirements; in accordance to the relevant paper work and drawings.
Ideal candidates will have the ability to read and interpret engineers’ drawings, able to operate the cutting and folding machinery and will have worked within a similar environment, maintaining a high standard and quality of work at all times.
Stannah is a British family owned company, who provide elevators, escalators and moving walkways and manufacture stairlifts and platform lifts. The family is now in their fifth generation and play a hands-on role in running the business, ensuring the family ethos and values are maintained.
- Complete sheet metal lift parts in line with the production schedule.
- Read drawings and follow ISYS to determine and produce the correct parts in the right order.
- Produce sheet metal parts from prototype drawings and provide feedback.
- Be multi skilled and be able to rotate through all of the sheet metal cutting and folding machines.
- Be flexible and be able to move to other areas within the shop floor when called upon.
- To maintain a high standard and quality of work.
- Ensure safe working practices at all times and follow the RA/SSOW.
- Responsible for good housekeeping in your own work area.
We are a company who are pioneers of forward thinking, we never forget that vital to our success is the amazing people who work for us and the commitment we have to our customers. We have carefully selected following benefits, which complement our employees’ lifestyles
- 25 days holiday + the option to purchase another 5 days + additional long service holiday
- Company Benefits Discount/ Rewards Scheme- including cinema discounts, annual free flu jab, discounted hotel and theme park stays and discounts off many high street shops.
- Quarterly Bonus (based on company profits)
- Contributory Pension
- Health Cash Plan covering routine treatment and prescriptions
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Employee Assistance Programme