We are recruiting for a Materials Manager to manage all inventory related activities for Stairlift Manufacturing (Fabrication, Paint & Assembly), to optimise inventory and material flow. Managing a team of 6 you will provide day-to-day leadership and direction to the material replenishment team in line with operational/business targets and objectives, always striving to achieve best practice.
Stannah is a British family owned company, who provide elevators, escalators and moving walkways and manufacture stairlifts and platform lifts. The family is now in their fifth generation and play a hands-on role in running the business, ensuring the family ethos and values are maintained.
Ideal candidates will have worked in a modern, fast paced manufacturing, engineering or distribution environment with experience of leading a small team. We are looking for effective communicators with well-developed people management skills, able to interact at all levels with good decision-making skills. Comfortable with analysing data you will use your analytic skills to ensure data is correct to identify issues and trends to drive improvement activities. Candidates will have high attention to detail, with a practical understanding of best practice materials management methodology as well as Continuous Improvement techniques to credibly challenge and eliminate waste to improve productivity.
- Manage inventory levels for externally supplied parts liaising with relevant stakeholders.
- Manage the improvement of material flow for internally/externally supplied parts and implement relevant processes accordingly.
- Lead, coach and motivate the material replenishment team with a strong focus on employee engagement.
- Optimise PI accuracy through implementation of appropriate systems, training and root cause analysis.
- Manage and set appropriate levels for PI, ensuring ‘ABC’ rules are aligned to requirements.
- Ensure high standard of stock integrity to minimise stock loss.
- Manage, plan and control year end stock take.
- Manage stock levels in line with obsolescence and NPI outputs.
- Create, report and monitor KPI’s.
- Work closely with the manufacturing management team to drive and cultivate a continuous improvement ‘mindset’ in the area.
- GCSE in Math, English C or above
- NVQ level 4 or above
We are a company who are pioneers of forward thinking, we never forget that vital to our success is the amazing people who work for us and the commitment we have to our customers. We have carefully selected following benefits which complement our employees’ lifestyles
- 25 days holiday + the option to purchase another 5 days + additional long service holiday
- Company Benefits Discount/ Rewards Scheme- including cinema discounts, annual free flu jab, discounted hotel and theme park stays and discounts off many high street shops.
- Quarterly Bonus (Based on company profits)
- Contributory Pension (upto 8%)
- Health Cash Plan covering routine treatment and prescriptions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Onsite Canteen