We have an opportunity for a Designer Engineer to join our Product Development Team based at our Head Office in Andover. Reporting to the Lead Product Designer the role is to research and develop concepts to produce high quality products, ensuing safety, reliability and functionality. Working on new products or improving existing ones, you will use your understanding of technology, materials and manufacturing methods to improve the design and usability of an item through.
Candidates will have excellent communication skills, able to community effectively at all levels, with a high degree of technical knowledge, creative flair and a passion for designing and improving, primarily products that move people and goods in and around the home and public buildings but also related assisted living products.
Ideal candidates will have good knowledge of design of metal and plastic components for manufacturing and assembly process, able to use tools to extract, digest VoC and turn into tangible requirements as well as good working knowledge of 3D CAD, Creo and Keyshot and support systems.
Stannah is a British family owned company, who provide elevators, escalators and moving walkways and manufacture stairlifts and platform lifts. The family is now in their fifth generation and play a hands-on role in running the business, ensuring the family ethos and values are maintained.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work at the heart of a fast-paced family run business, contributing to design and manufacture related activities for Stairlifts Manufacturing.
- Research and develop concepts on the PRM and TRM plus initiate and develop ideas.
- Create/develop great technology to produce high quality reliable products that meet all performance and functional criteria
- Ensure safety and reliability
- Take an active role to ensure that all risks and issues are resolved thoroughly & validated through appropriate evaluation methods
- Use established methodologies, good engineering practice & discipline to deliver robust design solutions in agreed timeframe
- Work and maintain supporting documentation to ensure accurate information captured and future handovers.
- Communicate with stakeholders and all relevant teams to ensure effective & timely input - these may be external as well as internal teams
- Prepare for design/research reviews & participate in discussion as required
- Mentor graduates/new team members
- Owning/contribute to team/departmental level initiatives & participate in change projects
- Good Degree qualified in an engineering or science discipline, preferably Mechanical Product Design.
We are a company who are pioneers of forward thinking, we never forget that vital to our success is the amazing people who work for us and the commitment we have to our customers. We have carefully selected following benefits which complement our employees’ lifestyles
- 25 days holiday + the option to purchase another 5 days + additional long service holiday
- Company Benefits Discount/ Rewards Scheme- including cinema discounts, annual free flu jab, discounted hotel and theme park stays and discounts off many high street shops.
- Quarterly Bonus (Based on company profits)
- Contributory Pension (upto 8%)
- Health Cash Plan covering routine treatment and prescriptions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Onsite Canteen
- Early Friday finish